My oldest daughter will be starting a new school and is she up in arms! “I can’t believe I have to wear a stupid school uniform!”
So many kids feel this way but I, for one, am one very happy parent. Many will challenge my statement and debate me till they’re blue in the face.
Many will claim, “It stifles a child’s creativity and self-expression.” I say Bull @$&%.
What school uniforms do for busy Mom’s are:
1. It avoids having your teenager spend 1 hour trying on 5 different outfits in the morning.
2. It avoids competition among peers as to who can buy the most expensive, hottest designer jeans.
3. It eliminates any embarrassing fashion foe paws for kids who truly have no taste on how to dress.
4. It prevents the horrific “show of crack” when boys wear their pants below their waste with ugly underwear hanging out.
5. It provides a safety net so kids are not sucked into escalators when their 4-inch too long jeans as they get caught in the tracks.
School is starting in exactly 6 ½ weeks and I have 3 kids at different schools – and they ALL have different required school uniforms. A few simple clicks and I’ve accomplished ALL my school uniform purchases (and I will NEVER need to stand in long shopping lines.)
Top School Uniform Vendors:
I just researched 7 companies for school polo shirts. Out of 7, ONLY Land’s End offered 100% Cotton, everything else is 60% cotton 40% polyester. Now, Land’s End was double the price, so you need to decide if you want quality versus savings.del.icio.us | digg it! | reddit! | Google!