Whew! We made it through 2009! So many companies have been hit hard and/or have failed due to this lousy economy. Here at Catalogs.com, we’ve sadly lost a few accounts due to bankruptcies and some companies simply going “belly up”, but thank goodness… not too many.
We are ending our 13th year with a record 650++ clients, hitting our 1,000,000th UNIQUE visitor during a 1 month period, developing new marketing models that have proven to drive in more qualified traffic, and securing amazing publicity for our company.
Running a company and having to be responsible for the well being, happiness and financial security of many employees puts a whole new perspective on one’s priorities.
Every January 1st, I make a mental (and often a written) note about my goals and aspirations for the coming year. This year, from a business perspective, lots of things will change:
Top 10 Resolutions
1. To work with our Account Executives in becoming better marketing consultants to our merchants, and helping to educate our sales team to be the very best they can be. This includes reading, training and role-playing over and over again.
2. To identify NEW revenue channels and give our merchants MORE bang for their buck.
3. To more carefully monitor spending and identify areas where we can cut down on frivolous expenses.
4. To drive more qualified traffic to our website through more organic searching.
6. To lead more group “brainstorming sessions” with employees to help identify new areas of untapped growth and interest.
7. To continue to reward key employees for outstanding accomplishments and recognize them publicly.
8. To continue to run the company with a “squeaky clean” attitude and always being honest, forthright and ethical when dealing with clients.
9. To make our customer service and customer satisfaction our #1 priority.
10. To have MORE fun working and smiling every day at work. Also, by attempting to be grateful for what we have (and not envious of others) is a good place to start.