Stylish women's clothing
Get a one-of-a-kind look with stylish women's clothing from the pastThe look is all yours. The chances of seeing someone else at the party or office wearing exactly the same outfit is...well...zero!
But you're wearing the hottest look in stylish women's clothing, so how can that be?
Simple! You've chosen vintage chic and the style is 100% original. That creative pastiche of clothing and accessories from different eras, different designers, even different parts of the world puts you in control of your fashion style. And the results are amazing!
Never tried it? Never bought anything that didn't come from a retail rack? Girl, it's time to give vintage chic a try!
You know the why...you're bored with your look. Uninspired by by the ordinary. Ready for a change. The who is easy, too. Any women who is ready to give up the cookie cutter look for something sizzling.
Now let me give you the what, where, and how.
What on earth should I buy?
There are two choices here: go for the whole head-to-toe vintage look or add a few vintage pieces to your regular outfits.
If you want to ease your way in, the best choices are:
- Purses -- Beaded bags, shaped bags from the 1940-60's, rigid plastics from the 1950-70's. Make sure clasps work, hinges are secure and handles are on securely.
- Soft accessories - Shawls, scarves, wraps, belts, etc. Look for ethnic styles, handmade lace, fine silks or handwoven materials. A soft pashmina or cashmere mckoosh are excellent options. Check for rips, tears, stains or fraying before you buy. Also, never underestimate the importance of the right shoes.
If you're ready to make the leap into a whole vintage look, your best bets are:
- Dresses -- Dresses have always been the standards in stylish women's clothing, so it's relatively easy to find vintage dresses in good shape. Couture fashions from the 1940's through the early 70's are a good choice, and remain fairly affordable especially when compared to today's newest offerings.
- Blazers and jackets -- Women's jackets in wool, denim, cotton and linen are all excellent choices for the vintage clothing shopper. Handpainted or embroidered denim jackets from the 1960's and 70's are in high demand, so expect higher prices on those items.
- Coats -- Winter coats used to be a major element in trendsetting stylish women's clothing purchases. Swing coats, pea coats and trench coats are all great ways to add a retro look to your wardrobe now.