Enjoy these delicious granola recipes!Healthy Granola
This recipe is great for snacking or as a topping for fruit or yogurt.
- 4 cups old fashioned rolled oats (old-fashioned oats bake into golden crunches better than quick oats)
- Four pitted dates
- ½-cup organic raisins
- ½ cup roasted almonds
- ½-cup raw walnuts
- ½ cup dry unsweetened coconut oil
- ½-cup raw honey
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Place raisins, dates and walnuts in your food processor with the S blade in place. Chop the dried fruit and nuts to desired consistency.
Pour the dried fruit and nut mixture into the bowl with the oats. Mix. Add the coconut oil and honey and stir into the oats, nuts and dried fruit mixture.
Add a dash of sea salt, the cinnamon and the dried coconut. Stir thoroughly. Taste and adjust seasonings if required.
- 3 cups (300 grams) old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup (25 grams) shredded sweetened or unsweetened coconut
- 1-cup (100 grams) sliced almonds, pecans, sunflower seeds, pecans, walnuts and/or pumpkin seeds
- ½-teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼-teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons (28 grams) unsalted butter, melted or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup to ½-cup (60 to 120 ml) pure maple syrup or honey
- 1-cup dried fruits (cranberries, blueberries, cherries, apricots or other)
In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, ground cinnamon, coconut, nuts and salt.
In a small bowl, stir together the melted butter, or oil and maple syrup (or honey). Pour this mixture over the dry ingredients and toss together making sure all the dry ingredients are covered. Spread onto the prepared cooking sheet and bake for about 25 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Keep stirring so that it browns evenly and note, the browner it gets (without burning) the crunchier the granola will be. Place on a wire rack to cool.
Once the granola has cooled, you can add the fruit as you wish.
One of the tastiest granola recipes around, this allows you to decide just what kind of taste you want your granola to have.
- Two cups old-fashioned oats
- ½-cup wheat germ
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup extra ingredients -walnuts, flaked coconut, raisins, almonds, sunflower seeds, chopped dried cherries (1/4 cup) currants, mini chocolate chips (1/4 cup stirred in only after the granola has cooled) in the desired combination
- ¼-cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp flavorless oil (vegetable or canola)
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 cup flavoring (can be ½ tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp ground ginger, ¾ tsp almond extract, ½ tsp orange zest, or 1 tsp vanilla)
Simmer syrup, oil, water and flavoring in a saucepan over low heat. Pour over oat mixture and stir. Work into clusters molding one palm full at a time. Bake for 30 minutes.
Stir in dried fruit and continue to bake until golden brown, usually about 15 minutes longer. Let cool and enjoy.
There are many delicious and easy granola recipes. Find the one you like and get cooking!