How to make hair bows
Stylish hair bows are easy to makeHair bows are popular among girls, appearing on babies to young women. These stylish hair accessories are easy to make. You can make them in a variety of patterns and colors. Mix and match colors to make unique hair bows that match your style. This is a great way for young girls to add their "personal touch" to an outfit.
You do not have to be a fashion designer to learn how to make hair bows. Anyone can make hair bows. It just takes a little practice. Once you make one hair bow, you'll be making them all of the time. By the way, they make great birthday gifts.
Making hair bows is a great activity for any sleepover or party. Girls will have fun creating their own hair bows. Learning how to make hair bows will be a creative experience for them. Make sure to have plenty of ribbon on hand. You'll also need a hot glue gun, thread, and hair barrettes or clips. Voila! You have the makings of hair bows.
How to Make Hair Bows
- Needle and Thread
- Hair clips or barrettes
- Decorative piece (optional)
- Glue Gun
- Take the ribbon and fold it over, making a figure 8. Do this process three times. Use a push pin and push it through the center of the bow. Cut off the excess when you are done making the hair bow. Repeat this process to make another hair bow.
- Using thread (make sure it's knotted), start at the back of the bow and sew the two bows together. Make sure the thread is tight. Finish in the back of the bow. Tie a knot in the back of the bow two or three times. Make sure the knots are secure on the back of the bow.
- Put a decoration in the middle to stylize the bow -- use the glue gun to secure the decoration.
- Put some glue on the barrette or clip. Take the clip and place it on the back of the bow. Push down to secure the barrette or clip. Hold it until it cools.
- After the glue has cooled, put the bow in your hair! You're now ready to show off your new bow!