Gourmet gift ideas for newlyweds
Explore an array of gourmet gift ideas, especially suited for newlyweds.There are so many gourmet gift ideas for newlyweds, that it's impossible to contain them all in one article. With just a few clicks of the computer mouse or a simple telephone call, you can order the ideal gift without ever leaving the comfort of your home. Your gift can arrive in style right at the recipient's door if you choose.
What Is A Gourmet Gift?
The term "gourmet" is a cultural ideal, usually referring to the culinary arts, haute cuisine and fine food and drink. From fruit baskets and gourmet gift baskets to fine wines, imported cheeses, specialty foods and tea services, there is an ideal present to please every bride and groom and to match any size budget. Herein are just a few ideas to help you in the quest to locate the perfect bridal gift.
Gourmet gifts are good choices for newlyweds who might be on a limited budget for dining out, and who have not yet settled into a new kitchen. Gourmet gift baskets are fun, romantic and help stock pantries with food and beverages that might not be part of an everyday shopping list.
Another great gift idea for newyweds - the about-to-be married type! - especially if you are family, is to offer to underwrite a portion of their wedding. Suggest gourmet wedding favors for the wedding guests, and pay the bill as a gesture of love for the new couple. Everyone will appreciate a thoughtfully selected treat that adds sweetness to the day.
Discover Personal Preferences
A gourmet gift basket is thoughtful and always at the height of good taste. However, it is wise to ascertain the bride and groom's personal taste preferences and any known food allergies prior to purchasing a food item as a gift. For example, the groom may have allergies to walnuts or seafood. In this case, steer clear of candies, cakes or toppings that include walnuts, or meals, sauces and dips that contain shrimp or clams. The bride may enjoy seafood but she refrains from eating all red meat. Knowing these important facts in advance will spare you the embarrassment and expense of giving an unappreciated gift. More importantly, in the case of allergies, it may prevent sickness.
Gourmet Gift Ideas for Newlyweds
Are you still undecided? Here are a few more ideas to jump-start your gourmet gift selection for the happy couple:
- Baked Goods - For those newlyweds with a sweet tooth, baked goods make a sweet impression. You might consider gift baskets and towers, gingerbread houses or pastries. Whether it's gourmet cakes from a southern-style candy kitchen or a local Floridian hotspot, you may add a unique twist to these popular gourmet gift ideas for newlyweds.
- Fresh Seafood - Delicious and nutritious, fresh Maine lobster, lobster tails and other seafood specialties are a treat for the gift recipient who appreciates the ocean's bounty. Enjoy the ease of ordering online and having this unique gift delivered fresh to the bride and groom's door.
- Gourmet candies - These could be authentic Swiss chocolates, hard rock candies, truffles, licorice or regional specialties. Take your pick from thousands of possibilities.
- Herbs - Think creatively. You might give a living container garden, baskets of teas, or dried herbs and spices.
- Peppers - Colorful ristras, rare pepper plant varieties, heirloom seeds, seasonings or pickled peppers are all good ideas.
- Cookware / Cookbooks - Specialty cookware and cookbooks are always appreciated by the gourmet chef. The cook will think fondly of you every time he or she prepares a meal.
- Chef's aprons - These can be customized with the name of the bride and groom.
- Seasonings - From Cajun spice blends to Asian saffron, there is a unique seasoning for every bride and groom.
- Regional cuisine - Native cuisine always strikes a special note of appreciation in the heart and soul. From bagels and cheese to ham and black-eyed peas, everyone has a favorite specialty food.
- Nuts - Provided there are no known allergies, nuts make a tasteful gift. From sugared varieties to fresh or salted, there are many ways to give this delicious "nutty" gift.
- Bison, steaks, game, fowl - Meat lovers will adore you for this gift.
- Gourmet appetizers, soups, cheeses and more. Cheese lovers would probably like to sample cheeses from around the world. Wisconsin cheeses are especially popular. Appetizers and soups make a savory gift.
Gourmet Gift Ideas