Ideas for groomsmen gifts
Ideas for groomsmen gifts don't have to be elaborate, just practical.
Being asked to serve as a bridesmaid is an honor. So is being asked to serve as a groomsmen. Because the bridesmaids and the groomsmen are special and asked to assist the couple, they are usually given a token of appreication for their support and dedication to the couple.
Bridesmaids gifts are generally easy to find since most women all like the same types of things; jewelry, purses, cosmetics, clothes, etc. But trying to think of ideas for groomsmen gifts can be a little tricky for the man of the hour. What kinds of gifts would groomsmen like? What kinds of gifts would they not like?
The groomsmen serves the groom in many different ways:
- They act as a consultant of sorts to the groom. They advise him, listen to and help him with any problems he may have, they may even offer advice or help in finding a resource for more help.
- They help the bridesmaids in decorating the get-a-way car.
- They plan the groom's bachelor party; inviting guests, food, entertainment, etc.
- They assist in planning any co-ed couple showers, other engagement parties and rehearsal dinners for the couple.
The groomsmen's duties are just as widely varied as the bridesmaid's are, and the groom surely wants to show the groomsmen how much he appreciates them too. Ideas for groomsmen gifts don't have to be elaborate, or expensive, or even anything too unusual. They can range from things that the groom likes and wants to share, to things that each of the groomsmen like specifically, that would make the gifts more personal and more touching. Here are 10 ideas for groomsmen gifts to show them that you care:
1. Cuff links. Probably one of the most common ideas for groomsmen gifts. You can have the cuff links engraved with the groomsmen initials. They can always be used for any occasion, they are personal and they make a lasting gift for years to come.
2. Engraved pocket knife set. Or forgo the engraving and give them a regular set. Most every guy has a need for pocket knives, and often reminds him of his youth and using them for many outdoor activities. From fishing and hunting to everyday use, there is always one for a pocket knife and something he's sure make use of.
3. A keepsake box. This is akin to the jewelry box for the women, but has more of a masculine appeal. They use it to store their jewelry, money, or other small items.
4. A fountain pen. Definitely a timeless gift, they will have it for many years to come. A nice, quality pen increases in value and is definitely an item that he will use on a daily basis.
5. A travel bag. Or, more often known as a Dopp kit. Every man needs one for traveling, whether overnight or a frequent flier. A travel bag holds all of the male essentials (shaving, grooming, etc.) and is a nice, practical addition to his travel bags.
6. Shoe-shine kit. Every gentleman needs one and would love to have one. This can be the smaller version(s) of the ones found in malls, barber shops etc. Make sure the kit includes everything he'll need to have the same polished look from the professionals. This is another great gift idea he's sure to have for years to come.
7. Gift certificates. Can be to any of their favorite eating places, entertainment, golfing or even spa resorts. Although they are very practical and easy to give, sometimes they are perceived as impersonal or lacks creativity.
8. Money Clips. This can never grow old! Money clips are a great gift to give because they can be personalized (always a plus), they're practical and they give the gentleman an air of being debonair. Who doesn't want to be that?
9. Video games. No, that's not a typo. Many guys love the gaming world and would LOVE to get the latest and greatest addition to their gaming collection. What's their game? Get them game cartridges for their PSP's, table units or their Wii consoles. Then, watch their faces light up!
10. Team sports mugs. This can be personalized for each of the guys preferences. For instance, the hockey lover gets a hockey mug, the football player gets his, etc., etc. Whatever their favorite team and sport is, give them the mug that matches. Great for using at the bachelor's party too!
There are many ideas for groomsmen gifts that you can gift to those dedicated friends that you ask to serve on your special day. Make it fun, make it personal and make it something that they're sure to use and remember you for always.