Cheap Home Security Cameras – No Contracts, Do It Yourself for Low-Income + Seniors
By Catalog Editor Staff
Security cameras are one of the best innovations that we could have ever asked for. With increasing incidents of crime and other anti-social elements flocking the city, securing your home with cameras can be of great help. Home security cameras keep watch over your home from both inside and outside, acting as an extra pair of eyes and ears to monitor your property. There is a wide variety of home security cameras in the market across all price ranges. It is not necessary to opt for the priciest option available in the market. Even an effective, yet cheap home security works just fine.
But you must know which one to choose. Despite the popularity of home security cameras, people still have lots of questions about them. In this guide, Catalogs.com have listed some of the basic but crucial things that you need to consider while installing security cameras in your home.
Do We Actually Need Home Security Cameras?A home security camera is a great tool for protecting a home. It can work both as a prevention and a recovery tool. Thieves are also cautious of properties with visible security cameras. Additionally, if a crime takes place at a home, security cameras can help gather evidence. From robbery, property damages, or identifying criminals who break into your house, anything that gets captured on your security camera, you’re more likely to get benefited from it. Therefore, it’s worth investing in a home security camera.
According to the Alarm System Report, more than 2 million home burglaries get reported in the United States each year. The report indicates that on average, a burglary of a home in the U.S. occurs every 13 seconds-or about four burglaries a minute, 240 an hour, and nearly 6,000 a day. Homeowners need to consider these statistics when it comes to protecting their families, mates, and possessions.
Before you continue reading about the Cheap Home Security Cameras – No Contracts, Do It Yourself for Low-Income + Seniors there is a special announcement we would like to share with you. Catalogs.com has negotiated special medicare rates for our vibrant community of seniors. If you are over the age of 60, you can head over to our Seniors Health Section which is full of information about medicare. All you need is your zip code and a few minutes of your time to potentially save 100s of dollars on your medicare bills.
Ultimately, home security cameras work best to protect your property when they’re integrated with a home security system. Having a home security camera means the camera will start recording as soon as any part of the security system gets triggered, such as a glass-break sensor, a contact sensor, or a motion sensor. This makes it more likely for the cameras to record everything that’s happening on your property and not just a few seconds of motion that occurred right in front of them.
However, only a low percentage of residents have a home security camera system installed in their homes. With the crime rates increasing, it’s time for you to decide if investing in a home security camera is the right decision for you.
How to Check Crime Rates in my Area?Are you looking to check for crime statistics in your area? Perhaps, you want to know the crime rates before relocating to a new place? There is no doubt that when you’re moving to a new neighborhood, it’s essential that you feel safe. Understanding the city you live in or are traveling to is important to stay as safe as possible. Not only is the safety of your neighborhood important for you and your loved ones, but it also helps add value to your home if you plan to resell it someday in the future.
Crime and neighborhood safety websites and apps can help you create community-based safety networks. Below are some tools that will help you to check crime rates in your area.
Tools to Check Crime Rates in Your Area Company Features Cost ADT Interactive crime map helps you understand as much as possible about potential crime in your city or local neighborhood. Free SpotCrime Public-facing crime map and crime alert service. Free CityProtect Maps crime data from more than 1,000 participating law enforcement agencies. Free Family Watchdog Helps to locate registered sex offenders in your area. Free Neighbors App by Ring Get real-time crime and safety alerts from your neighbors and public safety agencies Free
What Features Are Important in Cheap Home Security Cameras?Installing a security camera for your home is an easy step. But knowing what kind of camera to install is a tricky part. Modern security cameras boast a lot of features, and a simple Google search for the best home security camera will show you hundreds of results.
Hence, we have taken a close look at the important features to help you narrow down your choice while looking for the best home security camera. Remember that even if you are opting for cheap home security cameras, they must meet some of the crucial criteria. Shortlisting from scores of cheap home security cameras will become easier if you factor in the following criteria in your selection.
1. High-Definition and Wide-Angle VideoThis is one of the most important features that you have to look for while selecting a home security camera. Nowadays, even the most basic mobile phones come with a good camera quality for HD video recording. Then, why would you not want the same or even better quality video recording option from a home security camera? The videos recorded by HD cameras are crystal clear and distinctive, allowing you and or any law agency to capture the smallest details. Moreover, selecting a wide-angle camera will also give you coverage of a larger area with a single camera, and you can also eliminate the necessity to install multiple cameras. It is a must-have feature while choosing from a long list of cheap home security cameras.
2. Night VisionNight vision home security cameras are good to install at your home, both in indoor and outdoor locations. The black and white night mode provides clear and detailed images of animate and inanimate objects. Cheap home security cameras with day/night visibility or IR illuminators can be a great addition to protect your home. Moreover, the night vision security cameras come in a wide range of styles to meet your personal security needs.
3. Wireless TechnologyAt times, it can be difficult to route the necessary cabling to the planned location of a security camera. You will want cameras that can transmit the recorded footage wireless without reducing its quality. Wireless home security cameras and related camera systems also usually come with some form of remote feed and control system. As such, you can always recommend selecting wireless cameras for easy installation.
4. Two-Way AudioLike high-definition and night vision, two-way audio has become a new standard in home security cameras. Two-way audio can make your home more secure. Unlike traditional intercom systems, two-way audio means users can speak and listen directly through high-definition security cameras. Real-time, two-way audio is achievable through their built-in microphones and speakers, a reliable power source, and Wi-Fi connection. Such security systems enable communication with loved ones, monitoring of pets, and also protecting your property. Two-way audio cameras are useful for front-porch deliveries, warning intruders from trespassing, and much more. Thus, it is crucial that you only select from the cheap home security cameras that have this feature.
5. Remote Access and Cloud BackupAccessing the recorded video remotely and getting the live feed from your security cameras is important. Most of the modern home security cameras are compatible with some type of app, giving varying degrees of control of the security system. This means that you can see the live footage from your home security camera on your mobile or computer while you are away from your home. Apart from giving you the ability to monitor your home when you are away, the remote access feature also gives you control over how and where you can access your camera security system. Such cameras are also integrated with other smart home devices, allowing you to manage your tasks at home like dimming the lights, turning off, etc. Furthermore, home security cameras also allow you to store the recorded footage on the cloud, creating backups and archiving footage for later use.
6. Motion Sensors and AutomationYou need a camera that works fast and doesn’t hesitate. Motion sensors and motion-activated security camera systems are much more commonplace than most people believe. The primary benefit of this technology is that it cuts down the amount of footage recorded, saving you a huge amount of storage space. Additionally, it helps you save your internet data as it needs fewer backups to the cloud. More advanced motion detection systems come with movement tracking too. Such cameras can also turn and follow a person in their field of view. The motion sensors in your security cameras are useful for triggering alarms, alerting you to intruders, and much more.
7. Design And DurabilityA security camera’s design’s built and looks often reflects the purposes it serves. A security camera with good design and durability will include all the necessary features in terms of type, clarity, etc. It will also include proper wiring and cabling along with suitable connectivity. In simple words, if the security camera design is perfect, it will function without any problems. This, in turn, will also help in cutting down on the maintenance costs and repairs.
These are some of the important features of cheap home security cameras. There are many other features you can opt for, which you can discuss your needs with the security camera companies to find the best setup for your home.
What are You Sacrificing by Opting for a Cheap Home Security Cameras?Price is almost always the most important consideration when we buy any product. While most consumers love a good bargain, low prices can have a negative effect in the long term. A product may need to fall within a certain budget, and sometimes we may just rather not spend the money if we don’t feel we have to. But, focusing only on the price and buying a cheap product can come at a cost.
Before you opt for cheap home security cameras, you have to check the details, such as the product features they offer. Sometimes, cheap home security cameras do not come with all the necessary accessories, and buying them would be an additional expense. Thus, opting for cheap home security cameras not only costs more money in the long run but also sacrifices the quality of a product or service and degrades its value over time.
Of course, the price of the product you buy may not always reflect its quality. At times, a high-quality product could cost low due to supply and demand. If a particular product is not in high demand, the company could sell the product at low prices to entice people to purchase it. But, on the other hand, if there is a surplus of a product, the company may reduce the price to get rid of excess products.
When you are choosing between products, the product price may be a smart thing to look at while making a purchasing decision. That being said, it should not be the only thing. You can also find several high-quality products when you don’t have to replace them down the line.
The cheap price tag can often divert our minds from the quality at hand. But high-quality products are also offered in all price categories, and a deeper search can help to make a well-informed purchase. This is very true when you make purchases of products that you will want to last long and provide a great value.
What Are The Best Home Security Cameras Under $100?
|NETVUE Outdoor Camera||NETVUE Outdoor Security Camera is one of the best outdoor security cameras under $100 that features efficient smart motion detection and real-time alert. Its night vision comes with a 1080P FHD camera that provides you with clear video recordings that you can watch remotely in real-time through the mobile app. The camera is weatherproof certified with IP66 so it will work fine under extreme environmental conditions.||$49.99|
|WANSVIEW Outdoor Security Camera||WANSVIEW Outdoor Security Camera is among the best outdoor security cameras under $100 that come with a 105° wide-angle lens, helping your camera capture clearer details outside. You can digitally zoom the camera up to 4x to enlarge the video to see details of the monitoring area. It also features weatherproof technology that allows it to work well even in the harshest weather conditions.||$69.99|
|BESDERSEC Pan Tilt Outdoor Security Camera||BESDERSEC Pan Tilt Outdoor Security Camera features a 355° Pan 90° tilt rotation range to cover a much larger vision range with less the blind area. The camera supports customizable motion detection & remote viewing (iOS & Android), with real-time and accurate movement, alerts to your phone, email, and FTP server. It also comes with two-way audio that allows you to speak & listen clearly through your phone.||$89.99|
|YI Outdoor Security Camera||YI Outdoor Security Camera features 12 infrared 850nm lights that provide clear night vision even in pitch black, with a view of up to 50 feet in distance so that you can see further at night. Its full HD video quality gets reflected in its crystal clear 1080p images and video in conjunction with the camera’s 110° lens, providing high-resolution images in every direction. Its IP65 level waterproof rating keeps it protected in rain or shine, with operating temperatures up to 122°F and as low as 5°F.||$39.99|
|ZUMIMALL 1080P Wireless Security Camera||This security camera is exactly what you need to protect your home and family as it comes equipped with night vision and advanced PIR motion detection. The 1080p camera gives you clear and crisp recordings that you can watch remotely in real-time through the mobile app CloudEdge.This camera works in the most extreme weather conditions as it’s already tested to endure extreme weather conditions.||$85.99|
What Are The Best Home Security Cameras Under $200?
|Product Name||Arlo Pro 4 Wireless Security Camera||ZUMIMALL Wireless Outdoor Security WiFi Camera with Solar Panel||Lorex 1080p Wi-Fi Floodlight Camera||Hikvision PCI-D15F2S AcuSense 5 MP Outdoor IR Fixed Dome Network Camera, 2.8mm Lens|
|Features||•The Pro 4 series 2K HDR security camera delivers superior video quality combined with the convenience of connecting directly to Wi-Fi without a SmartHub. |
•It is perfect for protecting medium to larger spaces.
• You can receive instant alerts on your phone when motion gets detected.
|•Equipped with 36mm lens residential, providing high-resolution 1080P images feedback|
•Built-in speaker and 360° noise-canceling hypersensitive microphone helps to communicate in real-time
•IP65 waterproof camera and solar panel are reliable and durable, protecting you in all types of weather throughout all seasons
|•With this camera you can combine security and lighting with a 1080p Wi-Fi Floodlight Camera. The dual LED lights can produce a total of 4,000 lumens, which is more than enough to illuminate your front door, garage, or backyard during the night. |
•The Wi-Fi floodlight camera works 24/7. It contains infrared LEDs that allow the camera to see up to 50ft (15m) in the dark.
•Built-in sensor has a 270° horizontal field of view and helps to sense the infrared energy that eliminates from people, animals, or vehicles.
|•Empowered by deep learning algorithms, Hikvision AcuSense technology brings human or vehicle target classification alarms to front- and back-end devices.|
•Excellent low-light performance with Powered-by-DarkFighter technology
•High-quality imaging with 5 MP resolution
|Pros||• Completely wireless and easy to install|
• 2K HDR videos
• Color night vision
• Lots of third-party integrations
|• Full HD 1080p with 130° Wide Angle|
• Built-in 10400mAh Rechargeable Battery
• 360-Degree Solar Panel Charging
|• Infrared night vision• Wide angle lens that is ideal for monitoring large areas or doorways.|
• Passive Infrared (PIR) motion detector captures only the most important moments
|• High-quality imaging with 5 MP resolution|
•Clear imaging against strong backlight with 120 dB true WDR technology
•Water and dust resistance (IP67) and vandal-resistant (IK10)
|Cons||• Some features require Arlo smart subscription||• Solar panels need well-lit places|
• Solar panels to need regular cleaning
|• Slightly expensive||• IR distance of only 40m|
What Are The Best Home Security Cameras With no Monthly Contract?Home security systems have become an absolute necessity these days. However, we have found that many security companies charge steep monthly fees. As such, we understand that paying a little extra each month may be expensive for many. So, we have compiled a list of the best home security systems with no monthly contract.
1. Canary Flex
Canary Flex is an amazingly versatile indoor/outdoor weatherproof HD security camera that works wire-free or plugged in. This easy-to-install advanced camera has night vision, weatherproofing, and a wide-angle lens. The viewing radius ensures your living room, nursery, backyard or porch, is entirely visible with vivid clarity. Canary has made it easy to install multiple cameras where you want them, and you can choose from various mounts and plug them in or use the wireless option. It also includes AI-powered Person Detection for free, so you get smarter alerts without false alarms.
SimpliSafe is an industry leader in DIY home security systems and has made it easier for us to make our homes safer. It is an affordable camera that comes with equipment with DIY or professional installation. The outdoor camera comes with a massive 140° field of view, without any blind spots. During the night, the motion-activated spotlight will switch on whenever someone steps into its sight, so there’s no sneaking past your security under the cover of darkness. Additionally, you can even zoom in 8x to see important details like faces and license plates from 15 feet away. Moreover, it suits all weather conditions, and it works in snow and rain, complete with IP65 dust and water resistance.
What Are The Best Security Systems For Seniors?
1. ADTADT home security cameras are the next best thing to being there to watch over the things in your life you value most. It is well-known for its bundled hardwired and wireless home security equipment and professional 24/7 monitoring services. A hardwired security system isn’t something most companies offer, so it sets ADT apart.
With ADT, you can choose from a variety of easy-to-use equipment with customizable features. From basic hardwired equipment to smart home automation equipment that you can control with an app, Google Assistant, or Amazon Alexa, ADT has it all. ADT’s well-designed systems can handle your security needs, whether you’re aging in place in an apartment, condo, or home. Plus, you have the option of various upgrades, such as medical alert devices and services, that offer personal protection when you’re at home and on the go. Given how easy it is to use, how many options there are, and the mix of price points, we think ADT is a top choice for seniors.
- Upgrades such as HD cameras are optional
- Six months money-back guarantee
- Wireless and wired equipment available
- Three-year contracts
- Activation fee required
2. VivintVivint is excellent for seniors who love technology or who already own smart home devices between the smart hub and all of the innovative technology. Vivint is a leading smart home company that sells smart home security systems with professional installation and 24/7 monitoring. They’ll help customize a home security system based on your home size and layout, budget, and lifestyle.
Each Vivint package includes the Vivint Smart Hub Panel, a secure cellular panel with an easy-to-use touch screen, and two-way communication with Vivint’s Smart Home Monitoring Specialists. The Smart Hub connects all of your smart home devices, including your Vivint home security equipment like 4K HDR cameras, garage door systems, smart locks, security sensors, safety alarms, a smart thermostat, and more.
- Fully wireless systems and the latest innovative tech
- Lifetime equipment warranty included
- Modern home automation options and updates are available
- Requires professional installation
- Equipment is costly for higher levels of security protection
Brinks also offers Nest Secure monitoring for seniors who not only like the Nest system, but also want the peace of mind that comes with professional monitoring. The company has a good reputation and a solid history of providing excellent customer service. Their 30-day free trial period gives older adults enough time to test the equipment and see if it’s the right fit. You also can’t beat their one-touch control hub that doubles as a central hub for smart home devices. It’s an excellent choice for seniors who want to turn their home into a smart home.
- Rate-locked contracts
- Smartphone control of the system
- 30-day return policy
- Home automation features
- Most plans require a three-year commitment
- Professional installation at additional cost
What Are The Best Cheap Home Security Systems That’s Almost Free?So if you’re on the hunt for the best low-cost security cameras for creating a video surveillance system, here’s a pick of the best low-income security systems.
- 24/7 recording
- Hands-free two-way audio
- Motion detection and human detection
- Works with Alexa
- Night Vision
You can also have a real-time conversation with the built-in microphone with your family members or pets. Additionally, you will also receive 1 year of warranty and lifetime service.
- Smart motion and sound detection
- Night vision
- Edge AI human detection
- Integrated app for all YI home cameras
The camera comes with AI-powered human detection for providing smarter and faster alerts. This camera can detect a moving human at up to 20 FPS, which means it can recognize a person running and differentiate it from other motion, such as flying insects, small pets, or light changes, and send accurate human detection alerts directly to your smartphone.
- Full HD 1080P & 90°viewing angle
- Motion sensing and email alerts
- IP66 waterproof & vandal-proof
Additionally, the flexible motion detection feature helps you capture real-time and accurate movement alerts and receive them to your phone & email. What’s more, the high-quality aluminum alloy case is robust enough to withstand outside tough weather, ensuring excellent performance when using outdoor.
Final ThoughtsWithout a doubt, the security camera landscape is advancing at a rapid pace. It has made buying and maintaining home security cameras affordable and accessible. Thus, not having a home security camera seems like an odd decision to make as a homeowner. Moreover, technological advancements have allowed for major development in video camera quality, recording capability, and importantly, affordability.
Popular Savings Offers
Are you still wondering if you should purchase home security cameras? You definitely should! After all, security cameras can increase your home security by allowing you to check in on your property from wherever you are, see a live feed of your home on a smartphone or computer, and get immediate alerts of any unusual activity, and more. Ultimately home security cameras are an important tool in a home protection kit, as they can help with recovery as well as detection.
- Business & Finance
- For Fun
- For Her
- For Him
- For Home
- For Kids