This trivia challenge will brighten your Christmas partyEvery year, family and friends gather for the holiday season to eat, drink, be merry, and to enjoy the most celebrated time of the year. A great way to enjoy this special time of year is to test one another's knowledge of the holiday by participating in a Christmas trivia challenge. Try having your friends divide into teams for a lively competition or have prizes for the members of your group who answer the most Christmas trivia questions correctly. Here are a few examples to get you started.
1. Which of the following were not Santa's reindeers?
A) Vixen B) Comet C) Blizzard D) Prancer
Correct Answer: C Blizzard
2. What is a Buche de Noel?
A) A French Christmas Tree B) A type of Christmas loaf C) An edible Yule log D) Santa Clause in Switzerland
Correct Answer: C An edible Yule log
3. How do you say Merry Christmas in Spanish?
A) Ole Halide B) Feliz Navidad C) Joyeux Noel D) Noel Bellez
Correct Answer: B Feliz Navidad
4. What is a Tannebaum?
A) A wreath B) A Christmas candy C) A dance D) A Christmas tree in Germany
Correct Answer: D A Christmas tree in Germany
5. Which of the following did the three wise men not bring to Baby Jesus?
A) Frankincense B) Silver C) Gold D) Myrrh
Correct Answer: B Silver
6. Which of the following is not part of the "Twelve Days of Christmas"?
A) Nine pipers piping B) Three French hens C) Seven Swans a swimming D) Ten maidens marching
Correct Answer: D Ten maidens marching
7. Finish the song line: "All I want for Christmas is…"
A) A shiny red bike B) A brand new dress C) My two front teeth D) Peace on Earth
Correct Answer: C My two front teeth
8. Which of the following was not one of the Kings who traveled to Bethlehem?
A) Gaspar B) Melchior C) Lear D) Balthasar
Correct Answer: C Lear
9. What did the reindeers say to Rudolph after he led Santa's sleigh through the fog? "Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer…."
A) You're the greatest guy we know B) Your nose saved the day C) You'll go down in history D) Thank goodness for that nose of yours
Correct Answer: C You'll go down in history
10. What Christmas carol includes the line "Let every heart prepare Him room?"
A) Deck the Halls B) Silent Night C) Hark the Herald Angels Sing D) Joy to the World
Correct Answer: D Joy to the World
11. What is Tiny Tim famous for saying?
A) Scrooge will get what's coming to him B) Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night C) God Bless Us, Everyone D) Lovely turkey, Mum
Correct Answer: C God Bless Us, Everyone
12. In "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" what is two sizes too small?
A) His Santa suit B) His sleigh C) His heart D) The Who's shoes
Correct Answer: C His Heart
13. What is the nutcracker?
A) A fifteenth century torture tactic B) A snack opener C) A Christmas ballet D) A holiday jig
Correct Answer: C A Christmas Ballet
14. Name the popular red Christmas flower.
A) Christmas Rose B) Holiday Hibiscus C) Poinsettia D) Mistletoe
Correct Answer: C Poinsettia
15. Which of the following is not a ghost in the movie "A Christmas Carol"?
A) Jacob Marley B) Casper the Christmas Spirit C) Christmas Past D) Christmas Present
Correct Answer: B Casper the Christmas Spirit
16. Which season was Jesus actually born in?
A) Winter B) Spring C) Summer D) Fall
Correct Answer: B Spring
17. In which direction did the Kings see the star of Jesus?
A) North B) South C) East D) West
Correct Answer: C East
18. A Charlie Brown Christmas first aired in what year?
A) 1965 B) 1970 C) 1975 D) 1980
Correct Answer: A 1965
19. In the early 1900's what was so expensive that it was rented?
A) Christmas stockings B) Christmas Trees C) Christmas Lights D) Presents
Correct Answer: C Christmas Lights
20. Who is credited with putting the first lights on a Christmas Tree?
A) Joseph B) St. Nicholas C) Martin Luther D) Pope John Paul
Correct Answer: C Martin Luther, in the 16th century
As you can see, Christmas trivia is a great way to enjoy the holidays with your friends and family.