Famous New York City restaurants
Here is a list of 20 New York City restaurants, famous for cuisine and ambiance.
There are so many famous
A vital part of this multicultural explosion is a vast array of cuisine designed to please every ethnic soul, budget and refined palate. This article gives a list of New York City restaurants that are famous not just for their location but also for unique cuisine, ambiance, service and reputation.
20 Famous New York Restaurants
is situated at
2. Gramercy Tavern focuses on premier service and
delicious American fare. Reservations are not required but recommended for faster service.
It's located at
4. At Hard Rock Café International, it's not the price that is grand (you might eat a full meal for $20 or under), but the atmosphere that is among the best of New York City restaurants. Rock memorabilia and music enlivens the setting, while over-sized hamburgers are a specialty on the American cuisine menu. Discover this casual, classic restaurant between
5. Kang Suh is a Korean restaurant that specializes in barbecue, cooked Korean-style. Kang Suh is located in
6. La Grenouille specializes in French cuisine and offers a classic, upscale atmosphere. Situated between
7. Le Cirque specializes in fine French cuisine. Located at the Palace Hotel at
8. Lutece is a fine restaurant showcasing French classical cuisine. Reservations are required.
9. Odeon in Tribeca features steak-frit and cocktails among its specialties. Neon lights on the outside and boisterous atmosphere inside are a part of this dining experience that is moderately priced for New York City restaurants. It's situated at 145 W Broadway.
10. One If By Land, Two If By Sea marries a dimly-lit carriage house decor and warm fireside ambiance with live piano music to set the scene for romantic dining. Locate this restaurant at
11. Russian Tea Room is more famous for its opulent décor than for its food. Situated at 150 West 57th Street, this restaurant is so iconic among New York restaurants that most tourists have to try it at least once so they can say "been there, done that."
12. Sardi's offers American Continental cuisine. Average prices are around $40 per person for dinner. Reservations are required. Sardi's is located at
14. Gotham Bar&Grill is listed in the Zagat Top Ten of the Most Popular Restaurants in New York. It's located at 12 E 12th Street in Greenwich Village, which is a neighborhood not to be missed and definitely a side benefit of touring New York City restaurants.
15. The Four Seasons restaurant located at
16. The Place on
17. The Rainbow Room is located at
18. The Sea Grill at
19. Among famous
20. Virgil's on
More New York City Restaurants
In between sightseeing, finding New York gifts and art to take home, and people-watching, try to fit in at least a couple famous New York City restaurants. A few others that didn't make this list, but that might make yours includes Tavern on the Green overlooking Central Park was a legendary restaurant known for its opulence and magnificent setting. It is closed due to bankruptcy, however, be watchful for a new restaurant opening in its old location at Central Park&W 67th Street. If you're a pizza lover, try Lombardi's (first pizzeria in USA) or Gramaldi's. Blue Hill in Greenwich Village is a "must try" for all green-conscious, eco-luxury diners.
Are you planning a trip to New York? Take this handy list with you and bon appetit!
NY.com "Famous NY Restaurants"
NYNY.com "New York Restaurant Guide"