Free best man speeches
Adapt one of these free best man speeches for your own moment at the receptionBeing selected as the head of the groomsmen is an honor that comes with a heavy responsibility - saying something meaningful in honor of the bride and groom during the reception. If you're having trouble coming up with your own words, try adapting one of these free best man speeches to your friends who are marrying.
In picking from the selection, keep in mind the happy couple, their friends and their families. Your goal is to help them start their new life on the right foot, not to become the center of attention. Giving a toast or acknowlegement that people remember for years after the wedding might not be a good thing. Even though these are pre-written and ready for delivery, you might want to read some helpful best man speech tips to settle those last minute nerves.
Say something lengthy
- Thanks to all of you for coming today and sharing this special occasion with Jane and Tom. Tom and I have been friends for years and I am so happy to see him marry such a wonderful woman. Ever since Tom met Jane, I've never seen one without the other. Their love for each other has grow stronger and stronger even though they've been through some tough times. Thank you, Tom, for being such a good friend. I wish you and Jane the best of everything as you share long and happy lives. Cheers!
- Now it is my great honor and privilege to make the first toast to Arnold and Vanessa as husband and wife. While some people know that Arnold and I went to both high school and college together, few are aware that we first met while playing Little League baseball in grade school. Arnold played for the Avondale Americans and I played for their arch rival, the Boonetown Buddies. I was pitching during the final game of the season when Arnold hit a grand slam home run. He ran the bases like a demon to score the winning run, crushing my ego for years.
While that personality bruising was temporary, the positive impression Arnold made on me in later years as a classmate, teammate, roommate and friend will last forever. Arnold has always been there for me. He is honest, caring, thoughtful and an all round great guy. Heck, if I was a woman, we'd be the ones getting married today!
But seriously, I think he's made a much better choice in Vanessa. Let us toast them and wish them a long life together filled with love and laughter. May their joys be many and their sadnesses few. Congratulations!
- After 25 years of sibling rivalry, you can see that my brother has finally figured out who the best man really is. I wish James and Jennifer all the best now and forever. As you go through life together, always love each other, respect each other and be there for each other. Never forget to say "I'm sorry" when you mess up and never go to bed angry. Separately, you're both wonderful people, but together you take life to a new level. I love you both. Congratulations!
Keep it short and sweet
Even with the help of these samples, you may be nervous about speaking in front of a crowd. Maybe picking one from this "short and sweet" list below will help you conquer your stage fright.
- Today we celebrate all the good things you have found in each other, a best friend, a lover, a teacher, a playmate and a true partner in life. Cheers!
- As you go through life, remember that being together makes it all worthwhile. I wish you the best.
- To love, laughter and a happy ever after!
- If things get tough, remember how happy you were today and see each other always in this warm glow of joy. Best wishes to Tony and Amanda!
- If you can find the humor in whatever happens to you, your lives will be full of joy. Congratulations!
- May your kitchen always be filled with your favorite food and beverages and your bedroom with the warmth of your embraces.
- May your love and friendship grow every day you are together.
- May your lives be full of love, health and wealth and may you have the time and wisdom to enjoy them all.