Top 10 travel destinations in the US
The top travel destinations in the US are must-visit places for travelersEven if you're still digging out of the snow, now is the time to plan your summer vacation.
Summer vacation season is approaching fast, and now is the time to plan your get away. Every year, the travel industry and tour companies chime in with their list of perfect destinations , but travelers have a list of their own. Based upon surveys given to many American vacationers, these are the kinds of places that Americans likes the most.
- National Parks
- Theme Parks / Water Parks
- Zoos / Aquariums
- Memorials / Monuments
- State Capitals
- Sporting Events
- Historic Sites
- New York City, NY - Catch a show, check out a museum, enjoy the foods of the world, or just find a place to have a cup of coffee and people-watch. The city that never sleeps never runs out of choices for singles, couples or families in search of vacation fun.
- Washington, D.C. - The seat of the U.S. government is also a great place to spend a vacation. Don't miss the Smithsonian museums, the great food in Chinatown, or a chance to do some family history research in the National Archives.
- Boston, MA - Walk the Freedom Trail, see the masterpieces at the Boston Museum of Fine Arts, or enjoy the flavors of New England at Faneuil Hall. Day trips to other New
- San Francisco, CA - Take a ride on the famous cable cars through this city's friendly streets, enjoy amazing seafood at Fisherman's Wharf, explore Chinatown, or learn through doing at the world-famous Exploratorium.
- Denver, CO - Known as the Mile High City, Denver is a vibrant city with 300 days of annual sunshine, year-round adventure and the breathtaking Rocky Mountains as a background. Museums, cultural events, world class shopping, and access to some of the most beautiful settings for day hikes, mountain climbing, and camping make this city a favorite for visitors of all types.
- Los Angeles, CA - L.A. has such iconic destinations as Universal Studios Hollywood; the Petersen Automotive Museum; the Huntington Library, Art Collections and Botanical Gardens, and The Hollywood Museum at the Historic Max Factor Building. Watch for stars around town, or visit the famous stars in the sidewalk in front of Grauman's Chinese Theatre.
- Miami, FL - Miami is regarded as a cultural melting pot, heavily influenced both by its large population of ethnic Latin Americans and Caribbean islanders (many of them Spanish- or Haitian Creole-speaking). Enjoy the arts, water sports, beaches, nightlife or see one of their four professional sports teams in action.
- Orlando, FL - Orlando is known for its many family attractions –Walt Disney World, Universal Pictures, Sea World and Discovery Cove. Slip into the water with a beluga whale at Sea World or learn to surf without going to the beach at Ron Jon's Surfpark, opening summer 2007. There are many package deals available.
- Las Vegas, NV - Las Vegas not only offers around the clock gambling but things to do for the entire family: theme parks, roller coasters, museums, wildlife areas, national parks, and more. This friendly and surprisingly livable city offers the perfect site for a warm winter get-away.
- Philadelphia, PA - The City of Brotherly Love is the birthplace of our country. Once you've seen the Liberty Bell, the Betsy Ross House, and Independence Hall, you can explore the city's myriad artistic and cultural offerings. Another popular destination in Pennsylvania is Gettysburg - with a rich history and stunning Civil War re-enactment shows, it is a definitely a great place to visit.