What are the Best Home Remodeling Space Savers You Need?
By Editorial Staff
There are dozens and dozens of simple space savers that the homeowner can incorporate into a simple home remodeling project. Think about where you can tuck or hide clutter, how to store items more efficiently, and what upgrades you can make to your plumbing, mechanical and other systems. Often “new” is smaller, and you will reap other benefits like long-term money savings and efficiencies.
10. Hanging wire basketsA 3-tiered hanging wire basket in your kitchen can hold a variety of foods. Fruits and vegetables along with small package goods fit nicely in the baskets. By hanging these baskets from the ceiling your make room on your kitchen counter and expose a colorful display of food.
9. Plastic binsLow-profile plastic bins are the best home space savers for they fit perfectly under most bed frames. They can easily store shoes, clothes, Christmas items, etc. They slide in and out with ease and use the entire underside of your bed as storage without having to reach and look for that shoe that is just out of arm reach.
8. Broom storageHang your brooms and mops on the back of your utility door. Most hardware stores or home centers sell easily mounted clips that hold common cleaning tools. They are off the floor and out of the way rather than leaning in the corner of your laundry room.
Before you continue reading about the What are the Best Home Remodeling Space Savers You Need? there is a special announcement we would like to share with you. Catalogs.com has negotiated special medicare rates for our vibrant community of seniors. If you are over the age of 60, you can head over to our Seniors Health Section which is full of information about medicare. All you need is your zip code and a few minutes of your time to potentially save 100s of dollars on your medicare bills.
7. Appliance garageOn your kitchen counter, you can fit a mill-made or aftermarket appliance garage. This is easiest when doing a complete kitchen remodel. The roll-top front hides a bread box or toaster or both.
6. Tilt-out sink traysThe two blank drawer fronts above your kitchen base cabinet and under your sink can be removed and fitted with a tilt-out sink tray. Easy to install it is a great place to hold sponges, small scrubbing brushes, and scouring pads. It keeps the sink deck uncluttered.
5. Garbage cabinetA garbage can kitchen cabinet is a space saver and keeps your kitchen tidier as well. Most mill-made kitchen cabinet manufacturers make a base cabinet that slides out to expose a 20-gallon kitchen trash can. When closed it looks like a door. It may be hard to apply this if not doing your whole kitchen.
4. Tankless water heaterTankless on-demand hot water heaters are great space savers — it’s like getting an extra closet. Remove that large cumbersome 40-gallon hot water heater and install a small gas/electric tankless model. It’s not only a space saver as it hangs on the wall but it will be energy efficient and a cost saver as well.
3. Dog Food StorageUse plastic garbage cans for dog food and plan an accessible space for storing the can out of sight. If you have a large dog and shop for big bags of dog food empty them into a plastic garbage can with a snap-on lid. The food will stay fresh and it’s easy to scoop Rover’s food out. You can keep the can in the breezeway or laundry room or garage.
2. Hide Spice RacksKitchen door spice racks save counter and cupboard space. Attach a spice rack to the inside of your kitchen cabinet door. They make several brands specifically for that purpose. You may need to cut the shelves back a few inches but this will open up counter and shelf space.
1. Raft HangersHang items from your garage rafters. Whether you have open rafters or a finished ceiling you can save space by hanging items from above. Bikes can be suspended from hooks. Lawn tools can be hung as well. You can support bins and cubbies to hold most anything you want out of sight and off the floor.
Popular Savings Offers
Contributed by Info Guru David Galassi
- Business & Finance
- For Fun
- For Her
- For Him
- For Home
- For Kids