10 Amazing and Thoughtful Gifts for Military Veterans
By Editorial Staff
Some people are just plain hard to shop for. However, if you consider things like their past experiences, values and what they take pride in you will be able to make a more informed decision. This sort of information is particularly valuable when considering what one might purchase for a friend, relative, or loved one who has served time in the military. These Top 10 Gifts for military Veterans are sure to please your loved ones and honor their service to our country.
10. GearIf there is one thing that people in the service come to appreciate it is good, solid, useful gear. Outdoor items such as back packs and hiking boots are a safe bet. Also, it is likely that they would appreciate practical protective equipment such as a bed liner for their truck or an especially tough protective case for their handheld electronics. Try these gears as perfect gifts for military veterans.
9. American Flag and PoleNothing brings out the pride that we all feel for the country like seeing an American flag waving majestically in the wind. Perhaps if the veteran in question lives on enough land to support it having a flag pole installed in the front yard, Old Glory flying free will stand as a testament to their love of country. Just be mindful of local ordinances and regulations.
8. MedalsUnfortunately, as time goes on many veterans lose track of their medals, skill badges, and other decorations. They are reminders and tokens given for achievement and valor. Many companies sell military uniform-grade decorations at a reasonable price. A simple google search for “military decorations” can lead you to these merchants.
Before you continue reading about the 10 Amazing and Thoughtful Gifts for Military Veterans there is a special announcement we would like to share with you. Catalogs.com has negotiated special medicare rates for our vibrant community of seniors. If you are over the age of 60, you can head over to our Seniors Health Section which is full of information about medicare. All you need is your zip code and a few minutes of your time to potentially save 100s of dollars on your medicare bills.
7. Organizational EquipmentMilitary service often instills in one a deep pride in personal efficiency. Organizational items such as tool boxes and organizers, personal lockers and cubbies will keep their belongings safe and organized. This is one of the most useful gifts for military veterans.
6. Bumper Stickers and DecalsWe have all been driving down the road and noticed the way many veterans’ cars are proudly decorated with decals denoting various aspects of their time in the service. These decals not only display pride in their unit, job, or rank. They also serve as a conversation starter when coming across fellow travelers with similar experiences.
5. Shadow BoxesShadow boxes are deep-set frames usually backed with a darkly colored silk which can be pre-made or constructed easily with items available at most home goods and craft stores. These are great for displaying items such as awards and unit patches and make great home decorations.
4. A Trip to a ReunionOften, military units will hold reunions and celebrations for veterans of a certain era or conflict. These are great opportunities to reunite with old friends and revisit past experiences with others who have served. However, the cost of travel can make attending such events difficult for some. Purchasing a bus or plane ticket, or perhaps reserving a hotel room in the area will help ease the financial burden of such a trip.
3. HatsBaseball and “trucker” style hats denoting military service are as American as apple pie. They are widely available and inexpensive, great for a small gift or stocking stuffer.
2. Military History BooksMilitary history is a rich and complex area of study that holds a special significance to anyone who has served. A volume of military history, or a coffee table book would interest the veteran in your life.
1. Donation in the Veteran’s NameThere is perhaps no greater way to warm your veteran’s heart or honor their service than donating in their name to one of the many charities which support active service members, veterans, or their families. Some charities aid the families of deployed service people, some support those wounded in combat, and there are many different types of charities for service members. It is important to note that as with any charity it is important to research the legitimacy of the organization that you are considering donating to.
Now that we have covered the Top 10 Gifts for Veterans you may have a better idea of how to please one hard-to-shop-for person during the holidays or on their birthday. Any of these gifts are sure to bring a smile to the face of anyone who has served their country!
Popular Savings Offers
by Catalogs.com Info Guru Lauren DeJesus-Glasgow
Amazing Plus Size Fall Fashion: Easy Styling Guide for You
Trendiest Fashion Jewelry that is In: Ultimate Fashion Guide
10 Free Pet Supply Catalogs: The Latest Health & Wellness Pet Products
Lawn Decor Tips: Best Placement for Effect and Maximum Charm
Best Cell Phones for Visually Impaired Seniors: 2021 Buyer’s Guide [AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon & More]
- Business & Finance
- For Fun
- For Her
- For Him
- For Home
- For Kids