Ways to Make the Most of Family Time Over the Holidays
By Editorial Staff
December is the most wonderful time of the year when there is a lot of things going on like parties, school productions, shopping, and gift-buying. But for the most part, holidays are a time for making memories with your family and friends. How do we make the most of family time over the holidays? Well, there are a lot of fun family holiday activities you can enjoy with them.
In this list, we suggest some easy ways to make your family time as special and memorable as possible. No matter the activity, the purpose of holiday time is to make memories with those you love. Try these holiday activities for families to make the most of family time over the holidays, and create new memories for the entire crowd.
10. TV/Movie TimeTaking time to watch a great holiday movie or TV special can make any holiday afternoon just a little more magical. Enjoying some family programming is a great way to bond and share in an uplifting experience together. Turn on the TV and grab some good movies to watch.
9. Family SportsThere are more fun family holiday activities to make the most of your time and another one is playing family sports. Flag football and softball are good ways to get the family outside for a little bit of togetherness and fun. In addition to more traditional sports, you could also try holding a video game tournament or a bridge game.
Before you continue reading about the Ways to Make the Most of Family Time Over the Holidays there is a special announcement we would like to share with you. Catalogs.com has negotiated special medicare rates for our vibrant community of seniors. If you are over the age of 60, you can head over to our Seniors Health Section which is full of information about medicare. All you need is your zip code and a few minutes of your time to potentially save 100s of dollars on your medicare bills.
8. Local Sites of InterestMuseums, theme parks, and community events are fine ways to enjoy your family’s company over the holidays! Perhaps if you live near a site of historical interest (like the Alamo mission, for example) you could take this opportunity to show off your town’s local history.
7. Hiking/Nature ExcursionsIf you are lucky enough to live on a serious portion of acreage or near a national park then perhaps you should consider taking your family on a holiday nature excursion. Just remember to pack that cold-weather gear.
6. CraftingCrafting can be a fun family exercise, especially for the kiddies. Try making a little holiday centerpiece, needlework, or little charms so adults can keep track of their wine glasses! Give the kids a chance to show off their budding personalities.
5. Scavenger HuntIf your looking to set up a last-minute bonding activity, then why not set up a little scavenger hunt? You can make gift-giving more fun and interactive by placing the presents all around your house or property and letting the kids hunt for each other’s presents. Just make sure to write down where you hid them!
4. Cooking/BakingIf your having a big party this holiday season then consider getting the kids in on the cooking and baking. They’ll have a great time and take some of the easier work off your hands so you can focus on roasting that perfect turkey!
3. Home Photo BoothA home photo booth is cute and easy to make some holiday merriment. Simply make a booth out of a large box, gather some craft supplies, and let the fun begin!
2. After dinner walksWhen in doubt, just take the family on a nice after-dinner walk. Get some fresh air, introduce them to the neighbors and get a jump start on digesting that ham!
1. VolunteerOf all the suggestions on this list, this one is a favorite. This year, you should consider taking some time to get the family together to give back, if only for a few hours. Contact your local Goodwill or soup kitchen and help those less fortunate have a happy holiday season.
These easy-to-implement ideas to make the most out of family time over the holidays are all fantastic ways to ensure a holiday season full of merriment and joy.
Popular Savings Offers
by Catalogs.com Info Guru Lauren DeJesus-Glasgow
5 Intriguing Senior Online Dating Tips for Interesting Adults in 2021
Trendiest Fashion Jewelry that is In: Ultimate Fashion Guide
Best Cell Phones for Visually Impaired Seniors: 2021 Buyer’s Guide [AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon & More]
10 Amazing Common Flowering Bushes: Garden and Blooms
8 Great Filming and Video Tips for Entrepreneurs on a Small Budget
- Business & Finance
- For Fun
- For Her
- For Him
- For Home
- For Kids