10 Different Ways to Decorate for Fall 2021
By Catalogs Editorial Staff
Contributed by Info Guru Lindsay Shugerman
Fall is my favorite season, so designing fall decor is one of my favorite activities. I love the changing leaves, the crisp air, the taste of hot cider. Never mind that I’ve lived most of my life in places where real autumn never arrives. Hence, the years I did spend in four-season climates have taught me how to create autumn no matter where I am. And the best way to do that is to decorate for fall, even when nature won’t cooperate.
Hence, with the right accessories, colors, and an autumn attitude, I’ve learned to recreate the feel of autumn indoors no matter what the thermometer says. So whether it’s a crisp 50 degrees or a scorching 90 where you are, pour yourself a cup of spicy hot cider, and read on!
10. Start at the doorWhen you’re decorating to honor the season, start your theme before guests even step inside the door. Adding a colorful autumn wreath fall decor is the perfect way to create a seasonal mood while guests are waiting for you to answer their knock. Replace your year-round welcome mat with one featuring autumn colors or leaf patterns, and it will be clear that fall has arrived at your house.
Before you continue reading about the 10 Different Ways to Decorate for Fall 2021 there is a special announcement we would like to share with you. Catalogs.com has negotiated special medicare rates for our vibrant community of seniors. If you are over the age of 60, you can head over to our Seniors Health Section which is full of information about medicare. All you need is your zip code and a few minutes of your time to potentially save 100s of dollars on your medicare bills.
9. Harvest home Fall DecorAnd while we’re talking about the front of your home, why not bring the spirit of the harvest onto the rest of your porch, and even into the yard and walkway. Pile up a stack of hay bales, and top them with a pumpkin or two. Tie corn stalks or sheaves of wheat to your gate or light post. Wrap pillars, fences, or posts with colorful all-weather vines of autumn leaves or autumn-color flowers.
Therefore, with a few well-placed items, the entire front of your home will become a tribute to nature’s most colorful season.
8. Set the stage with the scentThey say that our sense of smell is the most connected to memory, and I believe that’s true. A certain scent can instantly remind us of home, a holiday, or a season. So as you look for ways to decorate for fall, don’t forget to include candles in classic autumn scents like pumpkin pie, cinnamon spice, and gingersnap.
Therefore, if you have small children or are just worried about lit candles, opt for scented flame-free candles. So, you’ll get the look and scent of autumn without worry.
7. Autumn colors, soft feelAutumn’s leaves might be wonderfully crunchy, but that’s not the texture you want indoors. Instead, add the rich colors of autumn to your living room or family room with soft throws, fluffy pillows, and even slipcovers in fall-toned colors. Therefore, just adding a few accents, and packing away the pieces in summery colors can instantly add warmth to a room.
6. Deck the mantel Fall DecorIf you have a mantel in your home, make sure to extend your fall decor to the shelf and wall above. You can opt for an abundant display of pumpkins, gourds, and autumn leaves, or choose a simple and modern look with just a few key autumn items. If you can, consider replacing your wall art above the fireplace with a more seasonal image, too.
5. Fall Decor in the kitchenAutumn is so closely tied with food and cooking, from Thanksgiving turkeys to spicy cinnamon cookies, that it makes perfect sense to include your kitchen in your fall decorating plans. For just a few dollars, you can bring autumn feel to the room with colorful fall patterned dishtowels and trivets. If you want to invest a bit more, consider a pumpkin-shaped cookie jar, an earth-toned tiered cookie tray (filled with sweet and savory autumn treats, of course), or a decorative tray painted with leaves, turkeys, or other classic images of the season.
For the perfect finishing touch, drape the tops of cabinets or the edges of shelves with bright vines made of autumn leaves.
4. Sit down to an autumn feastIt doesn’t have to be Thanksgiving to enjoy an autumn table. Bring the feel of the season to every meal with a simple centerpiece made up of small pumpkins, colorful gourds, unshelled nuts, and your favorite autumn leaves. So, Toss on a deep-toned table cloth, tie earth-toned linen napkins with strips of burlap, and bring out the burnt orange, deep green, and rich gold tableware. Instantly, every meal feels like the heart of autumn (even if you have to ignore the palm trees outside your window for a bit!)
3. On to the bathJust as in the rest of your home, your bathroom can be transformed by fall decorating and scents. Buy warmly scented candles and soaps, replace ordinary fingertips and hand towels with new ones in fall colors, and decorate the countertop with a potted autumn mum.
2. Sleep tight on chilly fall nightsEven your bedroom deserves an autumn makeover. Add a rich-toned blanket or throw, trim dresser-tops and vanities with autumn knick-knacks, and bring in rustic lanterns filled with creamy candles. If you live in an area where the seasons are real, replacing lightweight summer curtains with cozier suede or velvet fabrics will instantly bring a warm feeling to your personal space.
1. And for all the restEvery room in your house, from the library to the laundry room, can become the perfect canvas for creating a warm and welcoming fall decor. Change artwork, drape silk leaves or bring out the once-a-year fall accents. Therefore, with a few simple changes, you can bring autumn home today.
Autumn can be as much a state of mind as a season. Enjoy the season of harvest and home, no matter where you live.
Popular Savings Offers
10 Father’s Day Gift Catalogs: Find Awesome Gifts Dad Will Love at Catalogs.com
What is a Signature Jewelry Piece: Amazing Style Guide
Why is Frontpoint Security the Best Smart Home Security System?
Top 10 Great Kitchen Gadgets for You: Best Home Guide
What Happened to the Improvements Catalog, Is It Available?
- Business & Finance
- For Fun
- For Her
- For Him
- For Home
- For Kids