Shoes for Everyday Wear: Your Ultimate Shoe Guide
By Catalogs Editorial Staff
Contributed by Info Guru Lindsay Shugerman
Of course, you love shoes! What woman doesn’t? But if you’re anything like me, you can have a closet full of really cute shoes and still have nothing to wear for that quick trip to the mall or lunch out with friends. That’s why you need to make sure you have the right shoes for everyday wear, too.
And no, no, no, you don’t need to pass up on that AMAZING pair of strappy sandals you just saw in the window of your favorite shoe store. Heaven forbid! This is an invitation to buy even more shoes! Are you with me? Okay … check out your closet and make sure you have all of these on hand. If not, shoe shopping time!
10. Ballet flatsWhere would we be without ballet flats? As far as I know, it was the amazing Audry Hepburn who introduced American women to these great shoes…and we’ve been snapping them up ever since. Make sure you have several ballet flats in your shoe wardrobe, including some colorful solids, a pair in basic black, and of course some great prints.
Before you continue reading about the Shoes for Everyday Wear: Your Ultimate Shoe Guide there is a special announcement we would like to share with you. Catalogs.com has negotiated special medicare rates for our vibrant community of seniors. If you are over the age of 60, you can head over to our Seniors Health Section which is full of information about medicare. All you need is your zip code and a few minutes of your time to potentially save 100s of dollars on your medicare bills.
9. Walking ShoesStyle over comfort. We all know the drill. But as cute as those 4″ heels are, you won’t look sexy and adorable when that long walking tour (or extra long shopping trip through the humongous outlet mall) leaves you limping with blisters.
So when you have a day full of walking ahead of you, make sure comfy (and cute!) walking shoes are on hand. Pick shoes with good support and comfortable cushioning to end the day sore-feet-free.
8. EspadrillesI love espadrilles. I wear them with skirts and jeans and capris, and everywhere from work to a garden party. Stock up on these easy-to-wear shoes in a variety of prints and heel heights and you’ll be ready for anything.
7. PumpsPumps are a classic that deserves a place in every woman’s shoe rack. Bright colors are great, but make sure you have a well-made set of black patent leather pumps in your collection. Nothing goes better with an interview outfit, a business suit, or that little black dress.
6. MoccasinsAh, to slip your feet into fuzzy-lined, comfy moccasins. The Native Americans really knew what they were doing when they invented this soothing shoe. Look for mocs made of real suede or leather for the coziest, breathable feel that’s just perfect for around the house, at the summer cabin, or a casual day with friends. These are perfect shoes for everyday wear.
5. BootsBoots are a must-have for your stylish shoe wardrobe. And depending on where you live, you may also need them as a part of your everyday footwear to stay warm or dry, too.
Pick out a selection of boots in different heights, with and without high heels and you’ll have the right accessory for almost any outfit.
4. Sandals and SlidesYou have sandals, right? And lots of them, I hope! Even if summer is short where you live, you’ll want to enjoy every toe-warming day in pretty sandals.
When it comes to fit, make sure you pay attention to how the sandals fit. Even the prettiest sandals won’t look good if your toes are hanging over the front, or heels don’t fit neatly on the back.
3. SneakersA few pairs of good sneakers are a must among your collection of shoes for everyday wear. Get a well-fitting pair of running shoes, a pair of cross-trainers, and a pair of court shoes (tennis shoes), and you’ll be covered for almost every activity on your exercise calendar.
2. Work Shoes or Outdoor ShoesIf your work means spending time on your feet, make sure you have quality work shoes or uniform shoes, too. Nurses, doctors, food service personnel, and people who work in the elements are just a few of the groups who need shoes that support and protect during times when the style has to take the backseat to comfort.
And if you love spending time in the great outdoors, make sure good solid hiking boots or hiking sneakers are in your closet, too.
Popular Savings Offers
1. Flip-flopsMaybe it’s because I’m from Florida, but to me, flip-flops are the number one must-have every day, everywhere, almost every event shoe. And that goes for every kind, from those $5 drug store flip-flops to a far more stylish version that combines sandal style with flip-flop comfort.
Top 10 4th of July Celebration Ideas to Mark This Fun All-American Holiday
What Ever Happened To The Figi’s Gifts Catalog?
10 Hot Summer Fashion Tips and Tricks to Look Your Best This Year
Top 10 Creative Uses of Paper: Amazing Crafts You Can Do
What Happened to the Old Pueblo Traders Catalog, Can I Still Order It?
- Business & Finance
- For Fun
- For Her
- For Him
- For Home
- For Kids