Awesome Easy-to-Prepare Summer Salad Ideas For You to Try
By Catalogs Editorial Staff
Big summer salad meals are an easy way to combine grains, fruits, vegetables, and meats in one cool and simple dish. Add whole grain rolls or breadsticks, a chilled soup, cool sparkling water, or a light wine for a complete summer meal for family or guests.
Summer Salmon Salad
- 2 cups of small shell macaroni, cooked and drained
- 3-4 spring onions (green onions or scallions), chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) sockeye salmon, flaked 1 package frozen peas, cooked al dente
- 1-2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. dry dill weed
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1 tsp. celery salt
Instructions:Gently mix the cooked macaroni, chopped green onions, flaked salmon, cooked peas, and chopped celery. In a small separate bowl combine the mayonnaise, dill weed, white pepper, and celery salt. Mix well. Add dressing mixture to the macaroni mixture, toss well, and chill before serving this summer salad.
Cold Beef Salad
- 2 cups julienne strips cooked beef (use leftover steak or pot roast or buy roast beef from the deli)
- 2 Tbs. thinly sliced cornichons (Gherkin pickles)
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped onion
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup green pepper strips, cut into long thin strips
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes Fleur de Sel* and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bag (5 oz.) Boston lettuce leaves
- 2 Tbs. wine vinegar 6 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard soaked in 1/2 teaspoon water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Place all the vinaigrette ingredients in a screw-top jar. Screw the top on tightly and shake to emulsify. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, toss together the beef, cornichons, chopped onion, parsley, green pepper strips, and diced tomatoes.
- Shake the vinaigrette again and measure out 1/4 cup. Pour the 1/4 cup over the beef and mix well.
- Use the rest of the vinaigrette to toss with the Boston lettuce.
Before you continue reading about the Awesome Easy-to-Prepare Summer Salad Ideas For You to Try there is a special announcement we would like to share with you. Catalogs.com has negotiated special medicare rates for our vibrant community of seniors. If you are over the age of 60, you can head over to our Seniors Health Section which is full of information about medicare. All you need is your zip code and a few minutes of your time to potentially save 100s of dollars on your medicare bills.
*Fleur de sel is hand-harvested sea salt, available in most gourmet groceries. If you can’t find it in your area, use good sea salt, preferably freshly ground. Regular table salt will not give this recipe the right flavor.
Grilled Honey Mustard Turkey Salad
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 lb. boneless turkey breast slices
- 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt 10 oz. bag baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine mustard, orange juice, and honey and mix well with wire whisk to combine. Reserve 1/2 cup of this marinade, cover it and place it in the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle turkey slices with seasoned salt and place in a zip-lock plastic bag.
- Pour the rest of the marinade over the turkey, close the bag, and let sit for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Prepare and preheat the two-sided grill. Remove turkey from marinade, discard this marinade, blot turkey slices gently with paper towels, and cook on the grill for 4-6 minutes until thoroughly cooked. Remove from grill and slice into thin strips.
- Toss with spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, yellow bell pepper, and reserved 1/2 cup marinade. Sprinkle with cheese and serve immediately. You can grill the mushrooms and bell pepper on the grill too if you wish – for about 1-3 minutes or until tender. 4 servings
Grilled Chicken and Parmesan Salad
- 1 Envelope Good Seasons Italian Salad Dressing&Recipe Mix
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 3 Tbs. water
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bag (10 oz.) mixed salad greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Prepare salad dressing mix with oil, vinegar, and water as directed on the package.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the dressing over the chicken in a resealable plastic bag; seal the bag.
- Turn the bag over several times to evenly coat the chicken with dressing. Refrigerate for 30 min. to marinate. Meanwhile, refrigerate the remaining dressing for later use.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard bag and marinade.
- Grill chicken for 5 min. on each side or until cooked through (165F).
- Slice and Toss greens with tomatoes and squash; place on a serving platter.
- Top with chicken and cheese; drizzle with remaining dressing.
Tomato and Goat Cheese SaladServed with micro-organic basil and dressed with lemon oil and white balsamic vinegar vinaigrette.
- 4 medium size ripe heirloom tomatoes (Ugly Ripe, Brandywine, Zebra, etc)
- 11 oz. soft goat cheese Salt and pepper to taste (Fleur de sel is great on this salad!)
- 2 cups white balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup organic micro green basil
- 1 cup organic micro opal basil
- 1/4 cup high-quality lemon oil
- Slice tomatoes into 4 equal slices to each tomato. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mold goat cheese into 12 discs slightly smaller than the tomato slices. Place a goat cheese disc on top of a tomato slice, repeating 2 more times.
- Top with one more tomato slice. Repeat with remaining tomatoes until you have 4 equal stacks.
- Cut into 4 equal wedges and place on 4 salad plates inside out to create a square.
- Reduce balsamic to 1/4 cup. Drizzle over tomatoes.
- Toss both basils with lemon oil, salt, and pepper and place a small mound on top of each tomato stack.
- Drizzle more lemon oil around the plate.
- 1/4 cup mild olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth, preferably homemade
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup thawed frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
Popular Savings Offers
To return your purchases, please contact us via email first (email@example.com) to get the return approved. In your e-mail, please kindly provide your order information and the service you require. You will then receive a confirmation email with your ticket number and instructions about how to return. We offer returns for items that purchased within 30 days.
Jumbo UGG Australia
Combine all ingredients well with a whisk or in a shakeable container.
- Business & Finance
- For Fun
- For Her
- For Him
- For Home
- For Kids