Patriotic crochet patterns for the Fourth of July
By Catalogs Editorial Staff
Red, white and blue inspires patriotic crochet projectsJuly Fourth is one of the biggest patriotic holidays in the United States. These free patriotic crochet patterns and graphs will help you make useful items for your home or self. You can celebrate the holiday in style and reflect on the freedom and bravery that the red, white, and blue represent.
If you?re pondering the perfect project for July Fourth or another patriotic occasion, check out these free patriotic crochet patterns, buy your materials, and put your hook into motion:
1. The Stars and Stripes Forever wreath will decorate your door or some other area in a non-flowery way. Since the basic materials include three balls of cotton, a little more than two yards of ribbon, and a foam wreath, you can complete this project with relatively little expense. (Note that, for best results, you?ll need a glue gun.) You will only need to know basic stitches to complete this first of the free patriotic crochet patterns.
Before you continue reading about the Patriotic crochet patterns for the Fourth of July there is a special announcement we would like to share with you. Catalogs.com has negotiated special medicare rates for our vibrant community of seniors. If you are over the age of 60, you can head over to our Seniors Health Section which is full of information about medicare. All you need is your zip code and a few minutes of your time to potentially save 100s of dollars on your medicare bills.
2. If you prefer more useful items when you?re looking for free patriotic crochet patterns, consider the Stars and Stripes Cushions. If worked to gauge, the pattern will create a square sixteen-inch cushion. The pattern calls for seventeen balls of cotton yarn for a set of four cushions. You will also need padding foam to insert into the middle of each cushion. If you can work double crochet and change colors, you have the skills you need to complete this patriotic crochet project.
3. You?ll also need to be comfortable with color changes to work the American Flag Throw by Lion Brand Yarn. Their site requires you to log in, but signing up to use their pattern site is free.
4. Double thickness makes the Americana Potholder useful, not just decorative. Plus, the cotton yarn stands up to heat. Don?t use acrylic yarn, which can melt under high heat.
5. This Americana star is actually a cross-stitch chart, but because of its simple design and lack of backstitching, it will work well cross-stitched onto a single-crochet background. It?s seventy-two stitches tall by seventy-six wide. Remember, the weight of your yarn will affect the size of the completed star design. You can also substitute this design for the existing color-change designs in other free patriotic crochet patterns.
6. If you?re planning to spend July Fourth out somewhere, you may like the Fourth of July Beach Bag, also made from cotton yarn. You work the panels for this tote separately and then join them with a row of single crochet.
7. The American Flag of 1795 is another cross-stitch graph with minimal backstitching, so it would also work well on a crocheted background. The additional border design makes this pattern ideal for a pillow, placemat, or other square object that needs a border to look finished. The border will also make your finished project look more intricate, although the actual stitching is simple if you have cross-stitched before.
8. The Americana Place Setting pattern allows you to crochet a matching placemat, coaster, and napkin ring. White stars accent red, white, and navy stripes. Combine this with cushions for a dining area totally decked out in patriotic colors.
9. The One Nation cross-stitch design is another graph that makes this list of top free patriotic crochet patterns because of its simple color combinations and lack of backstitching. It would also work well on a crochet background.
10. Finally, in this list of free patriotic crochet designs, the Americana heart is another simple cross-stitch design. Red and white stripes adorn the bottom of the heart, and a blue panel with white stars covers the top part of the heart. The design is seventy-eight stitches tall by seventy-four stitches wide.
Popular Savings Offers
25% Off Plus Free Shipping
Get 25% off your order plus free shipping
Get FREE Catalog to browse The Mayo Clinic Diet products
The Mayo Clinic Diet
Get Savannah's Original Pralines, at very affordable discount prices and offers.
Savannah's Candy Kitchen
Get Free Shipping on order over $49
Terry's Village (Now Oriental Trading)
FREE Shipping on selected products. Applied Automatically on those Selected Products.
10% OFF your first order & FREE Domestic Shipping on orders of $125+
The Fabric Fairy
- Business & Finance
- For Fun
- For Her
- For Him
- For Home
- For Kids