Top 10 Most Regifted Gifts: Best Gift Guide
By Editorial Staff
Did you know there’s a Web site devoted to the art of regifting? Regiftable.com is a veritable treasure-trove of regifting rules and ideas. The mission of the superslick site, from Money Management International, is to make regifting less shameful. And in these humbuggy financial times, more people than ever are passing things along and around. So in the spirit of cheap-o gift giving, here are our top 10 most regifted gifts whether it is a birthday, anniversary, Christmas or thanksgiving:
10. BoozeOne of the ultimate last-minute hostess regifted gifts — an unopened bottle of whatever from your liquor cabinet! Just make sure it truly is unopened and isn’t something that can go bad, like a cream liqueur or a corked bottle of wine. And please, clean off the dust and put it in a nice gift bag.
9. Gift cardsPerfectly acceptable and even a hot commodity on eBay, gift cards are fine to regift if you’re not a fan of the store but know someone who is. Just make sure the gift card hasn’t expired or the store hasn’t gone out of business.
8. FruitcakeSure, make fun of the citron-studded brick, but some people actually like them. Especially if they’re made by monks, like the ones from Assumption Abbey.
Before you continue reading about the Top 10 Most Regifted Gifts: Best Gift Guide there is a special announcement we would like to share with you. Catalogs.com has negotiated special medicare rates for our vibrant community of seniors. If you are over the age of 60, you can head over to our Seniors Health Section which is full of information about medicare. All you need is your zip code and a few minutes of your time to potentially save 100s of dollars on your medicare bills.
7. CandlesCandles are fine to regift if you don’t like the scent or the shape. A bad idea (and a dead giveaway) if the wick is burned.
6. CookbooksNot a fan of Peruvian vegetarian cuisine? Regift away. Make it more special by using wooden spoons as a decorative bow accent.
5. JewelryHey, you can always say that you found the perfect piece at an estate sale when actually the estate sale was the bottom of your jewelry box. Just get yourself some good jewelry cleaner and you’re good to go.
4. Picture frameHey, Mrs. Newlywed, did you get way too many lovely silver picture frames for your wedding? Here’s an idea: Find a picture of your best bud, put it in one of those frames, and voila! An instant personal regift.
3. Gift basketThis can either be a great regift or a horrible mistake. Before you slap a bow on an unloved gift basket, make sure the food hasn’t expired or the hand lotion hasn’t gone funky or you’ll have some ‘splainin’ to do.
2. HousewaresCoffee grinders, blenders, wine openers — all can become great regifts with just simple addition. Add a pound of coffee with the grinder, a drink mix with the blender, and a bottle of wine (‘natch!) with the wine opener.
Popular Savings Offers
Get Free Shipping on order over $49
Terry's Village (Now Oriental Trading)
Get Savannah's Original Pralines, at very affordable discount prices and offers.
Savannah's Candy Kitchen
Get FREE Catalog to browse The Mayo Clinic Diet products
The Mayo Clinic Diet
25% Off Plus Free Shipping
Get 25% off your order plus free shipping
10% OFF your first order & FREE Domestic Shipping on orders of $125+
The Fabric Fairy
FREE Shipping on selected products. Applied Automatically on those Selected Products.
1. ClothingAccording to many surveys, clothing is the No. 1 most regifted item. Probably most often the oh-so-cutesy holiday sweater, like this one from NorthStyle.
Why is Frontpoint Security the Best Smart Home Security System?
What Happened to the Improvements Catalog, Is It Available?
What Happened to the Doctors Foster and Smith Catalog? Is It Available?
10 Amazing Common Flowering Bushes: Garden and Blooms
Trendiest Fashion Jewelry that is In: Ultimate Fashion Guide
- Business & Finance
- For Fun
- For Her
- For Him
- For Home
- For Kids