7 Accessories That Every Man Should Have
By Catalogs Editorial Staff
Every person is different, and the accessories they own should be a reflection of their personality. Therefore, it can be difficult to determine what every man needs. What one gentleman can’t live without can be the same thing that another one hasn’t used in their entire life.
However, even beyond the basics of food, water, and shelter, there are certain things that every man needs. These things do not include fast cars, cigars, and beer. While you may feel that you can’t live without these, the truth is that they are hardly a necessity. Because not every man likes to smoke or speed through the city. Or, in fact, even live in a city that has enough empty roads to speed through.
What is necessary is to have accessories that make everyday tasks easier, improve your quality of life in some way, or bring genuine joy, all while being built well enough to last years. Keeping the luxury items aside, following are some accessories that every man should own.
1. A Tailored SuitIt doesn’t matter if you haven’t attended any white tie events in the past 5 years – owning at least one suit is necessary for every adult male out there. It is a matter of both utility and principle. There are few things that boost a gentleman’s morale better than a good, made-to-fit suit. It allows you to stand out from the crowd while remaining understated and low-profile. Since a good suit can last you years, especially if you don’t wear it often, make sure to get a high-quality one that is tailored specifically for you. Opt for neutral colors such as grey, black, navy. These always look good and can be worn on a range of events, from weddings to interviews.
Before you continue reading about the 7 Accessories That Every Man Should Have there is a special announcement we would like to share with you. Catalogs.com has negotiated special medicare rates for our vibrant community of seniors. If you are over the age of 60, you can head over to our Seniors Health Section which is full of information about medicare. All you need is your zip code and a few minutes of your time to potentially save 100s of dollars on your medicare bills.
2. A Leather BeltIt’s the small details in your wardrobe that can make you stand out when you leave your home, and quality belts are certainly one that makes a huge difference. As a general rule of thumb, your belts need to match your shoes. Therefore, it is a good idea to have at least two belts; a black one and a brown one. But do not get one of those two-sided belts. They look tacky, and you are better off without them. A high-quality belt made out of leather can truly bring your entire outfit together.
3. A Nice WatchAs mobile phones became more common, the importance of a nice watch seemed to have deteriorated. Who needs a watch when you can see the time on your phone, anyway? However, a nice watch can say a lot about your taste. Not only is wearing a watch an effortless way to look great, but it is also a sign of focus and decency. Coupling any outfit with a nice-looking watch can make you look better overall. It is definitely one of the most important must-have accessories for men.
4. A Durable WalletEvery self-respecting man owns a wallet. That’s just a fact. Considering that it is such an important accessory, it is important to invest in one that is made with high-quality material and also looks good. Leather wallets, for one, are amazingly durable and can make your wardrobe look even better.
However, there are other types of wallets out there that are equally good, so you can choose one that goes well with your image. Aside from providing a space for your money, it can also keep your identification documents safe and allow you to carry all important cards effortlessly.
5. Linen HandkerchiefsAs stated before, it’s the details that matter. And handkerchiefs are one of the often-overlooked details in a gentleman’s wardrobe. They may seem like an accessory from a previous era, but owning one can make speak volumes to those with whom you interact with. However, handkerchiefs are often made of silk and other fine cloths. These look great but don’t offer much functionality.
Instead, invest in a few linen handkerchiefs. These look good, last a long time, and can actually be used to clean your hands, wipe your brow on a hot day, blow your nose, and can even come in handy as your lady watches The Notebook for the 100th time. (Or when you both cry during The Lion King – no judgments.)
6. A Swiss Army KnifeThis means the original Swiss Army Knife from Victorinox. There’s a reason that the brand that has been making pocketknives since 1884 is still going strong. Whether you opt for the classic red Swiss Army color for your pocket knife or choose from the newer model, it is a tool you’d never want to leave your home without. (Maybe except while you’re in the Transportation Security Administration line; in which case, leave it in your luggage.)
Not only will having a sturdy pocket knife come in handy if you need to scale a fish or saw through a branch, but it will also make mundane tasks, such as unscrewing the cork, tightening a screw, or opening a letter, feel like strategic missions and not clumsy. Besides, imagine how cool you’d look as you casually take a Swiss Army Knife from your pocket and (figuratively) save the day!
7. A LighterYes, not every man likes to smoke. However, the uses of a lighter are not limited to lighting a cigar. A non-disposable lighter isn’t just a handy tool but can also be a style statement. They are useful for unsticking a stubborn ballpoint pen that just won’t write, starting a campfire, starting a can of Sterno, and lighting someone else’s cigar, among other things. And of course, it will definitely be useful if you do enjoy your cigarettes. Personalizing it with your name, initials, or any special symbols that hold meaning to you can make it even better.
Popular Savings Offers
Of course, there are other accessories that you should own depending on your needs and interests. However, the above accessories are 7 things that every man needs to own, irrespective of his age, occupation, and lifestyle.
How to Decorate a Home Office in Style: A List of Essentials, and 10 Inspiring Office Decor Catalogs
10 Amazing Common Flowering Bushes: Garden and Blooms
How to Choose the Correct Clothing Size for Children
What to wear for horseback riding in the fall
What Happened to the ABC Distributing Catalog, Is It Still Available?
- Business & Finance
- For Fun
- For Her
- For Him
- For Home
- For Kids