10 Benefits of Using an Interior Designer: Your Helpful Guide
By Editorial Staff
This isn’t true. Professionals can actually save you money in the long run, but that’s not the only reason to consider hiring one. Here are the ten significant benefits of using an interior designer.
10. Access to absolute know-howProfessional interior designers have dedicated their careers to honing their design skills, expanding their resources, and learning on their feet. If you have a bunch of crazy or abstract ideas, these are the people who can pull them together, anticipate obstacles and liaise with trade contractors. You can confidently put your home in their hands because the home design can be complex, but this is their world.
9. They hit the right notesDécor can easily be so overdone and wind up looking more like clutter. Experts will draw the line. They’ll add notes of country home décor – quilts, baskets, and other touches of Americana – and work them into your existing style.
8. They’re versatileSome design firms provide a relatively new one-day service in which they come in and work with what you already have. Say you have furniture and accessories you love, but you’re not happy with the look and feel of the space. They’ll come in and show you how to arrange furniture, place accessories best, and create a focal point. You only pay for their time, not materials as there aren’t any.
Before you continue reading about the 10 Benefits of Using an Interior Designer: Your Helpful Guide there is a special announcement we would like to share with you. Catalogs.com has negotiated special medicare rates for our vibrant community of seniors. If you are over the age of 60, you can head over to our Seniors Health Section which is full of information about medicare. All you need is your zip code and a few minutes of your time to potentially save 100s of dollars on your medicare bills.
7. Realize your visionHow many times has a DY project not turned out as planned? One of the biggest benefits of using an interior designer is having someone who will help you realize your vision. Years of experience means they understand how to translate your ideas of how you want a room to look and feel, and make them a reality.
6. Less stressTaking on a large home project is a lot to juggle, especially if you have work, children, or other obligations to tend to. Bringing in a pro not only means handing off a long list of to-dos but also all the stress and time-consuming tasks that go along with it.
5. Color done rightReady to say NO to neutrals? Good. But if you don’t know how to work the color wheel, the place could turn out looking like a melted crayon box. Pros know how to play with various hues and home accents, and when to hold back and let one dominant shade shine. They’ll use color to bring a one-of-a-kind feel to each room and link choices so there’s flow from one room to the next.
4. Guidance for the long termIf acquiring a piece of new home furniture is on the agenda, it helps to have some guidance. One of the many benefits of using an interior designer is their ability to think both long and short term. They will help you find new quality pieces that you’ll love now and ten years from now.
3. They make a theme workLiking the look of Rustic American Southwest decor doesn’t necessarily mean that the theme is easy to pull off. Experts will work authentic touches into each room so the theme is subtle and consistently influences color, furniture, fabric, and even plant selections.
2. They keep you under budgetWhether you’re planning a room makeover or an extensive renovation, it helps to have someone on your side. A professional has the means to find you the best deals because it’s in their interest (contract) to keep the project from going over the budget.
Popular Savings Offers
Get FREE Catalog to browse The Mayo Clinic Diet products
The Mayo Clinic Diet
Get Savannah's Original Pralines, at very affordable discount prices and offers.
Savannah's Candy Kitchen
Get Free Shipping on order over $49
Terry's Village (Now Oriental Trading)
FREE Shipping on selected products. Applied Automatically on those Selected Products.
25% Off Plus Free Shipping
Get 25% off your order plus free shipping
10% OFF your first order & FREE Domestic Shipping on orders of $125+
The Fabric Fairy
1. They take the hassle out of going greenMany experts today have made it their business to familiarize themselves with green home materials, appliances, fixtures, treatments, and other features to make a home more energy-efficient. Navigating this segment of the industry can be confusing and pricey, so it helps to have someone on hand who knows the way.
- Business & Finance
- For Fun
- For Her
- For Him
- For Home
- For Kids