10 Latest Fall Outerwear: Comfortable and Stylish Trend this Season
By Editorial Staff
Contributed by Info Guru Danielle Merritt
Fall outwear is a must for this coming Fall season. It is a season of pumpkin spice, colorful leaves, and best of all, fabulous outerwear!
From plaid prints to capes, here are the fall outerwear trends that are a must for every closet.
10. CapeFor those of you that are a bit skeptical about wearing a cape, do not worry. This is no Batman cape. The cape has been worn by the likes of Gossip Girl’s Blair Waldorf, the trendiest woman on Manhattan’s Upper East Side. If you’re still a bit nervous about trying out this trend, start with a basic black. You will fall in love!
Before you continue reading about the 10 Latest Fall Outerwear: Comfortable and Stylish Trend this Season there is a special announcement we would like to share with you. Catalogs.com has negotiated special medicare rates for our vibrant community of seniors. If you are over the age of 60, you can head over to our Seniors Health Section which is full of information about medicare. All you need is your zip code and a few minutes of your time to potentially save 100s of dollars on your medicare bills.
9. Plaid Trench CoatPlaid is timeless, so you definitely need it in your fall outwear season. You can wear more colorful plaid or stick to basic black and white. If you’re sticking to black and white then you will be able to do more with your outfit underneath, like mix colors and prints. However, if it is more colorful plaid, it is recommended that you stick to basic prints and colors underneath. If you like plaid but don’t like it so much that you want it all over your trench coat, you can always find a coat with a plaid lining instead!
8. Nautical PeacoatThis fall outwear season’s trend says not to leave nautical behind since summer is over. Instead, you should incorporate the nautical style into your fall outerwear, specifically the peacoat. Do this by wearing a white or navy blue peacoat that has nautical features, such as the buttons you’d see on a sailor. If you just want a hint of nautical and don’t want to look like you’re the captain of a ship setting sail tomorrow, then make sure that the peacoat is the only nautical portion of the look.
7. Fun Print ShrugLeave that solid color shrug in your drawer until next summer because it’s getting a whole new makeover for fall as the animal print shrug. This little sweater is perfect for the back-to-campus look because it makes an outfit look a lot more put together than a plain color would, which is what you want if you’re returning to school. This shrug goes perfectly with a fitted crewneck top, dark wash skinny jeans (keep in mind that although the jeans are dark wash, they look more stylish), and chic flats.
6. Tweed Fall OutwearPerfect for those who love all things girly and lady-like, tweed has been a hit on runways and will be a hit in your wardrobe as well. Tweed comes in a variety of colors, but colors such as mauve and beige are the prettiest of all for the season. Note that tweed is not something you should do the whole girly-meets-edgy thing with – keep the rest of the look consistent with dainty accessories.
5. Touch of FurA hint of fur (preferably faux fur) does wonders for your fall outwear – it looks super fashionable and keeps you warm. However, unless you’re going somewhere that is extremely cold, keep the fur to a minimum. Buy outerwear with fur on the hood, the cuffs, and/or the bottom lining.
4. Leather with a TwistThis season’s leather (or faux leather) jacket is a lot to be excited about! This fall, a variety of embellishments can be found together on leather jackets and boots. These embellishments include twisted fabric, fur details, pearls, studs, and chains, all incorporated on the jacket in delightfully random order. The rest of your look should be effortless with this jacket. Stick to a plain white t-shirt, jeans, and basic boots. If you can’t find an embellished jacket, you can always add your own embellishments.
3. Dark Florals Fall OutwearFashionable florals can be done right for fall – it all depends on what color they’re over. Instead of having the florals printed over a white, pastel, or bright cardigan (as you’d do in summer), wear them printed over a dark-colored cardigan. Think colors like black, dark purple, burgundy, and so on. Now you have a fall makeover that’s both edgy and feminine.
2. Puffer JacketThe puffer jacket is something that you either love or you hate, and it can be quite stylish if it is worn the right way. For starters, stick to simple colors such as black, grey, beige, or navy blue – the puffy style of the jacket is elaborate enough. If you must go with a brighter color, keep the rest of your clothes underneath simply colored to avoid looking like a clown. The best thing about this jacket is that it will keep you super warm!
1. The Poncho Fall OutwearThe poncho made number one on the list because at the end of the day fall is all about coziness and comfort, and this is as cozy and comfy as it gets! The poncho is perfect for so many occasions, from crisp early morning walks, to casual rainy day matinees, to days you’re just holed up by the fireplace reading a good book. Ponchos come in so many different colors, thicknesses, and lengths. Find one that suits you the best, or just go crazy and stock up on a bunch!
Popular Savings Offers
It is very difficult to stock up on every single one of these trends at once, but make sure to incorporate at least a few of them into your closet to really set the mood for fall!
10 Father’s Day Gift Catalogs: Find Awesome Gifts Dad Will Love at Catalogs.com
How to Decorate a Home Office in Style: A List of Essentials, and 10 Inspiring Office Decor Catalogs
Top 10 Amazing Autumn Gardening Tips
What Happened to the Old Pueblo Traders Catalog, Can I Still Order It?
How to Choose a Handbag: Buyer’s Shopping Guide
- Business & Finance
- For Fun
- For Her
- For Him
- For Home
- For Kids