How to Choose a Handbag: Buyer’s Shopping Guide
By Catalogs Editorial Staff
Learn how to choose a handbag because the wrong purse can make you miserableMost women will tell you that the essential piece of their daily arsenal is their handbag. Venture out without your purse? No way! A tornado is approaching. What is the first thing a woman grabs as she dashes for the basement? Well, her kids, of course, but the handbag is next. This article will feature how to choose a handbag may it be as a gift to a friend or for yourself.
If you happen to select or are gifted with the wrong kind of handbag, this can make your life miserable. You can’t find what you want when you want it. The purse is too big or too small. The straps or handles aren’t comfortable.
Do you know how to choose the perfect handbag? That depends on your lifestyle, your needs, and your preferences.
What is handbag?A handbag is a very personal item. How to choose a handbag is really important because a handbag has to suit your lifestyle. You may have a handbag that is beautiful — but if it’s not functional and doesn’t suit your needs you aren’t going to carry it. On the other hand, you may have a ratty-tat old handbag that you’ve carried for years and continue to do so because it’s functional even though it has seen better days.
Before you continue reading about the How to Choose a Handbag: Buyer’s Shopping Guide there is a special announcement we would like to share with you. Catalogs.com has negotiated special medicare rates for our vibrant community of seniors. If you are over the age of 60, you can head over to our Seniors Health Section which is full of information about medicare. All you need is your zip code and a few minutes of your time to potentially save 100s of dollars on your medicare bills.
Types of HandbagsHandbags come in all shapes, configurations, colors, and textures.
1. Messenger BagA type of handbag that many women find quite convenient is the messenger style bag that is carried on your back or can be slung over the shoulder. This is a great handbag for the woman who needs to have her hands free so she can clutch her children’s hands, push a stroller or carry groceries. This bag is a cross between a laptop case and a backpack. Think of it as a newer and prettier version of the backpack that you carried in college or high school.
2. HoboThe hobo-style handbag has been popular for decades and is somewhat reminiscent of hippie chicks and the counterculture. A hobo bag is big, accommodating, and soft. There are no hard edges. This type of handbag generally has interior dividers so that you can keep the contents separate. Hobo handbags are easy and comfortable to carry and are the favorites of many handbag lovers.
3. ClutchA clutch bag is clutched in your hand. This is the ideal handbag for an evening out, going to a wedding, or for those times when you don’t need to carry everything but the kitchen sink with you. A clutch will hold your lipstick, wallet, and cellphone, and maybe a little bit more. Clutch bags can come with removable shoulder straps so you can carry the clutch on your shoulder if you prefer. A beautifully designed clutch bag can be the ultimate accessory for a night out on the town.
4. CrossbodyThe crossbody handbag is perfect for the multi-tasking woman who needs her hands to be free. This handbag consists of a long strap that is adjustable. You wear the bag in front of your body. The strap goes over one shoulder. Because the purse is in front of you and close to your body this makes it quite difficult for pickpockets to access the contents of your purse.
5. Shoulder BagSome women refuse to carry anything but a shoulder bag. They don’t want to have to hold onto a handle. Shoulder bags come in various sizes. Pick the one that appeals to your aesthetic as well as the one that is the most comfortable hanging from your shoulder. Better yet, choose one that has an adjustable strap.
6. Tote Bag
If you travel a lot or need to carry a lot every day, a tote bag may be the best choice for you. It’s big enough that you can toss a weekend’s worth of stuff into it but not so big that it’s going to be bulky and annoying.
Popular Savings Offers
Handbags can be very attractive accessories. Give some thought and invest some time into your next purchase of a handbag because this accessory is a very important part of your life. When a woman picks the right purse, this makes her life a whole lot easier and her look a whole lot better.
- Business & Finance
- For Fun
- For Her
- For Him
- For Home
- For Kids