Recipes using barramundi
By Catalogs Editorial Staff
Try this sweet Austrailian fish in these delicious recipes.Barramundi is a fish found in the coastal waters of Australia. This fish is versatile and is beautiful steamed, grilled, baked or fried. Described by many as sweet, the mild taste of the barramundi makes it a perfect addition to many recipes. Here are a few examples to help you put together some delicious meals.
Lemon Butter Barramundi
Before you continue reading about the Recipes using barramundi there is a special announcement we would like to share with you. Catalogs.com has negotiated special medicare rates for our vibrant community of seniors. If you are over the age of 60, you can head over to our Seniors Health Section which is full of information about medicare. All you need is your zip code and a few minutes of your time to potentially save 100s of dollars on your medicare bills.
One of the most delicious recipes using barramundi, this one from Australia is a winner.
Four barramundi fillets (skin on or off)
2 Tbsp. salted butter
1 small clove of garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. salt
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
4-6 leaves of fresh basil, minced
1. Rinse fillets and pat dry with paper towel.
2. Rub fillets with canola or olive oil.
3. Saut? the fillets on high heat for three minutes (skin side up).
4. Flip and cook for one more minute. Transfer to serving dish.
Make the sauce
1. Gently saut? the garlic in butter for two minutes. Stir in salt, lemon juice and basil.
2. Remove from heat and spoon over fillets immediately before serving. Serve over rice or steamed vegetables and enjoy!
This recipe from CDKitchen is delicious and good for you too!
One fillet barramundi
2 Tbsp. olive oil
Three cloves garlic
One fresh chili
1/2 cup fresh parsley
1/2 cup fresh shallots
One fresh lemon
One bunch English spinach
Three baby potatoes
1/4 cup dry white wine
Cracked black pepper to taste
1. Lay a bed of foil in a baking dish and lay the fillet on the foil.
2. Cover with olive oil and white wine.
3. Spread minced garlic, finely chopped chili, chopped parsley and shallots on and around the fillet.
4. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon over the barramundi and add some cracked black pepper.
5. Fold the foil around the fish and place in preheated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve with blanched spinach and baby potatoes.
Great Northern Barramundi
One of the most delicious recipes using barramundi that’s sure to please.
Two skinless barramundi fillets
Plain flour to dust
2 Tbsp. Sambal Oelek (a mixture of ground red chilies and soy sauce)
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp. water
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh coriander
1 Tbsp. canola oil
Steamed rice to serve
Baby spinach leaves to serve
Lime wedges to serve
1. Cut the fish into small slices. Place flour into a medium sized bowl. Add fish and toss to coat. Shake off any excess flour.
2. Place the Sambal Oelek, lime juice, water, soy sauce and coriander in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
3. Heat the oil in a medium frying pan over high heat. Add the fish and cook for one minute on each side or until golden brown.
4. Add the Sambal Oelek mixture and cook covered for three minutes or until fish flakes when prodded with a fork.
5. Spoon the steamed rice onto a serving plate and top with fish. Drizzle with sauce and serve with baby spinach leaves and lime wedges. Delicious!
Mexican Baked Barramundi
This spicy recipe is for those who like a little extra kick of flavor.
375 grams of barramundi
120 ml hot salsa
70 grams of shredded cheddar cheese
25 grams of coarsely crushed corn chips
1/2 avocado, peeled and sliced
30 grams sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Lightly grease baking dish.
2. Rinse fillets under cold water and pat dry with paper towel.
3. Lay fish side by side in baking dish and cover with salsa. Sprinkle grated cheese over top.
4. Top with crushed corn chips.
5. Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for fifteen minutes or until the fish flakes with a fork.
6. Serve topped with sliced avocado and sour cream.
Popular Savings Offers
Top 60 Free Catalogs Online That You Can Easily Flip Through
10 Father’s Day Gift Catalogs: Find Awesome Gifts Dad Will Love at Catalogs.com
8 Great Filming and Video Tips for Entrepreneurs on a Small Budget
Top 10 Big Guy Shopping Tips: Fashion Tips for Men
Amazing Food and Gourmet Catalogs You Should Explore as Foodie
- Business & Finance
- For Fun
- For Her
- For Him
- For Home
- For Kids