Simple Fashion Tips for Beginners that You Should Know
By Editorial Staff
by Catalogs.com Info Guru Terri Wallace
Beginners are well-advised to choose a few basics around which to start building their wardrobe. Here are a few options to begin your foray into fashion.
10. Tank TopsTank tops are a great fashion choice in many ways. Versatile and cost-effective, these wardrobe staples do double duty. You can layer them undershirts, long sleeves, or short sleeves, and they can wear them alone for a simple yet chic summer style. They’re easily spotted in summer fashion and are also worn most commonly on those unbelievably hot, melt-your-makeup summer days.
Before you continue reading about the Simple Fashion Tips for Beginners that You Should Know there is a special announcement we would like to share with you. Catalogs.com has negotiated special medicare rates for our vibrant community of seniors. If you are over the age of 60, you can head over to our Seniors Health Section which is full of information about medicare. All you need is your zip code and a few minutes of your time to potentially save 100s of dollars on your medicare bills.
9. SweatersSweaters aren’t just for winter. They are also for Cant-This-Office-Get-The-Temperature-Right Days, for I-Want-To-Snuggle-Up-With-A-Book-In-The-AC Days. They just happen to work well in the cold weather, too. Sweaters come in a variety of weights, colors, and patterns, and can take any outfit from Sweltering Outside/Frigid Inside with a minimum of fuss. One of the most important fashion tips.
8. VestIt’s just one of those days. A day where you just don’t feel like trying to match clothing, but you still want to look stylish. These days, vests are a lifesaver. Vests have the power to elevate the look of a plain t-shirt into a completely different look entirely. They also, much to everyone’s delight, cover some “problem areas,” like that pesky muffin top.
7. CaprisCapris are and have always been perfect for almost any season. You can wear them from spring through fall to keep stylish and yet comfortable. They have come a long way from their role as a summertime staple, and have now transitioned to workday wear as well.
6. ScarvesScarves are a classic look for any season. They’re extremely versatile and can change a monochromatic outfit into something stellar. Woolen scarves keep you toasty warm in winter. Sheer scarves bring bohemian chic to your closet. Tie a scarf around your waist to accentuate your hourglass form, around your neck to draw attention to your face, or use it to tie back your hair for some instant retro glam.
5. NecklacesNecklaces are the perfect addition to help elevate almost any look. A bit of shimmer, a pop of color, a whisper of elegance—necklaces are a timeless way to add drama to an outfit, to draw attention to your face, and elevate an otherwise blank neckline. One of the most important fashion tips.
4. DressesDresses should be a wardrobe staple and can transition from daytime to evening with just a few accessories. For women or misses can be elegant, chic, flirty, or innocent. They’re also one of the best things to wear on those days that you’re just too tired to match two or more articles of clothing together to make an outfit. And besides, the little black dress isn’t popular for nothing; it’s a fashion item that makes a statement purely for being beautiful by itself or the base for your stunning accessories.
3. BagsBags are a necessity in any setting. They hold your most important belongings (at least, the ones that can fit in there,) important or not. Purses also give you a more put-together look that will complete the look that you’re going for. One of the most important fashion tips.
2. ShoesThere is a reason that shoes tend to take up so much space in a woman’s closet. From wedges to flats, equestrian boots to ankle boots, from strappy sandals to beaded beauties, shoes can make or break an outfit. Start with a few basics in black and brown, but then build on your collection with color and variety. A good pair of shoes is an investment in your wardrobe.
Popular Savings Offers
1. SwimsuitsIn the heat of summer, it is tempting to make your swimsuit the staple of your summer wardrobe. Invest in a few basic suits to help your make it through the dog days of summer. A sleek black tank suit is a timeless classic – for every body size – and pairs well with a sarong to transition from beach time to a casual lunch. A red string bikini pairs well with a bit of crimson lipstick for a sizzling summer look.
What is the Best Children’s Debit Card for My Child?
Top 10 4th of July Celebration Ideas to Mark This Fun All-American Holiday
Amazing Food and Gourmet Catalogs You Should Explore as Foodie
8 Great Filming and Video Tips for Entrepreneurs on a Small Budget
Fun Family Fall Activities: Making Most of the Season
- Business & Finance
- For Fun
- For Her
- For Him
- For Home
- For Kids