Top 10 Thrifting Blogs To Save More Money Effectively
By Editorial Staff
Thrifting is one hobby that can very quickly become a lifestyle. Whether you’re trying to save money, interested in starting a vintage business, or simply love giving unique items a second life, thrifting is good. Looking for the best thrifting blogs to help you save effectively? Read on.
It takes a practiced eye to spot great finds, and some experience to know what to do with them. Thrifting blogs are a great resource for newbies and experienced thrifters alike. They bring the community together, provide a platform for sharing practical information and encourage readers to find their own treasures.
These top ten blogs offer all kinds of tips on hauling and re-selling. But most importantly, they celebrate the joy of reusing, repurposing, and recycling.
10. Thrift Store ConfidentialRan by a Goodwill Style Icon, Nicole, Thrift Store Confidential provides information to inspire thriftiness in everyday life. She covers everything from store spotlights and creating a signature vintage style. She also covers practical information on topics like laundering unusual fabrics. Head here for thrifty news and fashion tips on sporting vintage-style accessories.
Before you continue reading about the Top 10 Thrifting Blogs To Save More Money Effectively there is a special announcement we would like to share with you. Catalogs.com has negotiated special medicare rates for our vibrant community of seniors. If you are over the age of 60, you can head over to our Seniors Health Section which is full of information about medicare. All you need is your zip code and a few minutes of your time to potentially save 100s of dollars on your medicare bills.
9. Pink Shirts and Car WrecksPink shirts and car wrecks are both the visual journal and online workshop of Libby. It is a vintage entrepreneur and designer with an eye for the joyful details in the vintage. This blog covers everything from unique hotel signs to why so many thrifters fall in love with vintage in the first place.
8. Dolly Rocker GirlStumbling on the Dolly Rocker Blog is a lot like getting lost and discovering one of the best second-hand shops around. Filled with vintage photos of film stars and musicians, this blog offers style tips from every decade straight from the sources. Learn the story behind vintage-inspired jewelry and retro trends.
7. Things I Found at the Thrift StoreThings I found at the Thrift Store blog give us a male perspective on thrifting with less focus on fashion and more odd bits of history on things like McCoy cookie jars. Visually oriented and filled with links to other sites, this blog’s a perfect fit for like-minded thrifters who believe in giving unique home décor and other items a second life.
6. Apron Thrift GirlApron Thrift Girl (ATG) is a blog after every vintage girl’s heart. ATG digs into the stories behind every good find, not only an item’s history, but the experience of finding it, hauling it home, and finding a home for it. She’s also a seasoned crafter and re-seller who generously shares tips and sources for thrifters looking to both save and make money.
5. My Thrifty ClosetThrifters shine from all over the globe. My Thrifty Closet is a blog written by Mongs in Singapore. Mongs is one woman with impeccable fashion sense and an eye for vintage. The blog focuses on putting vintage outfits together with whimsical accessories, finding inspiration from celebrity style, and making dated vintage pieces look modern with some snips here and stitches there.
4. Miss PThrifting is like a DIY gateway habit. Since many thrift shops have poor lighting and tight change rooms if any at all, many gals return home with a bag full of gorgeous vintage clothing that fits all wrong. The Miss P blog is by an aspiring dressmaker dedicated to honing her craft methodically. Go here for drafting and refashioning tips and tutorials on sewing basics.
3. Recycled FashionMany people get into thrifting because it’s an environmentally sustainable way to enjoy fashion. The blog Recycled Fashion focuses on the many different venues thrifters can explore, including opportunity shops, thrift stores, flea markets, garage sales, and online stores, as well as fun projects like upcycling sweaters into stylish skirts.
2. Sammy Davis VintageThe Sammy Davis Vintage blog offers a regular dose of helpful tips on finding and identifying stylish vintage clothing, inspecting quality, and breathing new life into your favorite finds with some DIY love. Sammy’s style posts are categorized by decade starting with the 1920s and going up to the 90s. This is a great site to learn more about vintage-inspired modern fashion.
Popular Savings Offers
1. High Plains ThrifterHigh Plains Thrifter comes to us from South Minneapolis. Reading one of the best thrifting blogs is like spending time with an awesome friend chatting about everything from vintage beauty looks to the glories of used books stores and odd fabrics like dura mesh. She blogs about road trips and shares treasures all in the name of showing the world how much more fun thrifting is than going to the mall.
What Happened to the ABC Distributing Catalog, Is It Still Available?
Best Cell Phones for Visually Impaired Seniors: 2021 Buyer’s Guide [AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon & More]
Amazing Plus Size Fall Fashion: Easy Styling Guide for You
Top 10 Big Guy Shopping Tips: Fashion Tips for Men
10 Father’s Day Gift Catalogs: Find Awesome Gifts Dad Will Love at Catalogs.com
- Business & Finance
- For Fun
- For Her
- For Him
- For Home
- For Kids