What to wear with military boots
What to wear with military boots to look your best on a cusual dayBoots are comfortable, keep our feet warm and protected, and tend to last longer than most other shoe brands. They're tough, rugged, and, for the most part, dependable.
But when it comes to proper fashion etiquette, how does one -- male or female -- create that perfect wardrobe to compliment their shoe choice? In essence, what to wear with military boots?
Below, we'll take a look at a few simple options for both men and women when it comes to creating that perfect, stylish, and ever-lasting look!
Most of the male species spends about as much time thinking about fashion as they do about whether they're going to see the next Reese Witherspoon movie. Most men don't spend much time worrying about fashion trends to put it bluntly.
Fortunately, for the male species, fashion tends to be about a simple pairing a shirt, pants, and shoes to match, applying some underarm deodorant in globs, and spraying yourself with Axe body spray as if you were trying to fend off West Nile Virus. For men, it's just easier.
Jeans tend to go with everything. In order for the shoes not to garishly stand out, simply match jean color to a similar boot color. Remember:
- For black or brown shoes be sure to pair them with dark denim jeans
- For those rocking lighter colored military boots, try a lighter variation of jeans to match
- Button-down shirts
- Regular old T-shirts
- Polo shirts
- Cardigans, and more!
- Sweater vests
- More dressed up button-down shirts
- A pea coat to help complete the classy and stylish look
Some alternatives to coats can be a lighter jacket, like a vest, leather jacket, or military jacket, as well. In many instances, it should be a simple and quick process for men in order to find the perfect compliment, in terms of shoes, for their outfit.For Women
On the flip side, much of the female species spends about as much time thinking about proper fashion as they do about whether they're going to see that next Reese Witherspoon movie. Namely, they think about these things a lot.
And for women, it can be a more challenging operation to correctly pair new boots with a complimentary outfit before heading out on the town. So, for the more casual subset, try:
- The newest pair matched with cuffed boyfriend jeans, a tank top or T-shirt to balance the lower half. And for an even more stylish and easy going appeal, top the whole thing off with a fedora.
To really go all-out, mix together:
- Lacy socks or knee-highs
- A floral dress or skirt
- A sheer white top with a denim vest/jacket thrown in for good measure
- Add in some accessories like a stylish belt or handbag to complete the look
Made Man: What to Wear with Boots.
Type F: What to Wear with Military Boots for Women.
Above photo attributed to Tony Birrer