How to wear belly ring
Know how to wear a belly ring to get the right effect from your navel jewelry
You took the plunge and had your belly button pierced, which requires vigilant care of the piercing and an awareness of the clothing worn in the vicinity of the jewelry. How to wear a belly ring involves avoiding high waist clothing that irritates the piercing or injures or tears the navel. Wear loose fitting clothing sitting low on the waist and well beneath the piercing during the healing process.
There are various types of belly adornments. Many prefer the 316l surgical steel ring because of its comfort and fit. Others prefer length adjustable styles.
The term 316l surgical steels indicates the adornment is strong, smooth and resistant to corrosion. Made of chromium, iron, nickel and molybdenum, this is a good choice for those allergic to various metals, and is popular for pierced ears as well. . However, some people can't tolerate nickel and will react to the 316l. Nickel is used in white gold and provides color.
For those with sensitive skin, choose from the following materials: Plastic, titanium, acrylic, Bioplast, Biofex and PTFE.
- Titanium is durable and good for those allergic to metal. The body reacts to titanium as if it were bone. The metal will not be rejected by the body.
- Many opt for shiny, soft 14k gold. However, because of its softness do not put it in initially. Do not wear 14k for an extended period of time because it becomes dented and spoiled.
- Sterling silver is shiny and sports a glossy color, making it a favorite. However, it scratches easier than titanium and steel. Do not put sterling silver into the newly pierced navel.
- Some choose plastic adornments, known as polymers, which is a good choice for the initial ring. It is comfortable, light and good for those suffering from allergies. However, polymers are absorbent so take the jewelry out regularly and clean to avoid infection.
- Less expensive than 14k gold, 24k gold plated adornments are an option but should not be used right after the navel is pierced. The gold plating can flake off so it shouldn't be used when the navel is healing.