Father's day recipes
Make your dad a special dinner with one of these Father's Day recipesTreat your dad to a special dinner with one of these delicious Father's Day recipes. These simple, yet delicious meals will only need a salad and some crusty French bread to make a memorable Father's Day meal for dad and the rest of the family.
Give your dad a delicious meal that's good for him, too. This heart healthy fish is rich in flavor and essential omega-3's. Add a baked potato or sweet potato to the fish, salad and bread to make this meal extra special.
2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
4 salmon fillets (about 6-8 ounces each), about 1" thick
1 1/2 tbls fresh or bottled lemon juice
1 tsp dried oregano or 2 tsp fresh, chopped fine
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Coat the bottom of a shallow baking dish with the EVOO.
- Arrange the salmon in a single layer in the pan, turning once to coat both sides with the oil.
- Sprinkle lemon juice, oregano, salt, and pepper. Dot with the butter and cover the pan with foil.
- Bake until cooked through but still very juicy, about 20 to 24 minutes.
- Place on serving plate, drizzle with juices from the pan and garnish with parsley .
Pasta With Herbed Ricotta Cheese and Pine Nuts
Pasta is another great choice for favorite Father's Day recipes, and this rich, yet simple dish is sure to make the top of the list. Serve it with an antipasti salad and crispy garlic bread.
8 ounces angel hair pasta
2 TBLS extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
1/2 c pine nuts
1/4 c finely chopped onion (about 1, small)
1/2 c mushrooms, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped pine or pressed
3/4 c part whole milk ricotta cheese
1 tbls dried basil or 1/4 c fresh, chopped fine
2 tbls fresh parsley, chopped fine
1 tbls fresh lemon juice
Ground pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix the ricotta cheese with the basil, parsley, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Drop angel hair pasta into lightly salted boiling water.
- While pasta is cooking, in a small skillet, heat olive oil. Add pine nuts, onion, mushrooms, and garlic. Stir occasionally over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until pine nuts are lightly browned and onions and mushrooms are softened. Stir in cheese mixture, remove from heat and set aside.
- When the angel hair pasta is done, drain well and toss with warm cheese sauce on a platter or in a pasta serving bowl. Top with freshly ground pepper, and serve immediately.
And for dessert...
A delicious pear tart is the perfect ending for a Father's Day dinner, and will go well with either main course. This tart tastes complicated, but the recipe is very simple.
4 large firm but ripe pears (1 1/2 - 2 pounds)
1/2 stick (1/4 c) unsalted butter
1/2 c sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
Vanilla ice cream
- Peel slice pears. Heat butter in a medium non stick pan over moderate heat. When melted, stir in sugar (sugar will not completely dissolve). Arrange pear slices in pan in a single layer. Sprinkle pears with cinnamon and cook, without stirring, until sugar turns a deep golden caramel (10-25 minutes...watch them to avoid burning) Allow pears to cool in the pan.
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 425°F.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface and trim to a 9 1/2- to 10 1/2-inch square. Place on lightly greased baking pan. Arrange pear slices on pastry. Bake tart until pastry is puffy and golden brown, around 10-15 minutes. Cook on rack 5 minutes.
- Cut into squares. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
These Father's Day recipes are just one way to show dad how much you care. The time you spend together at dinner will make it complete.