Winter Fashion: 10 Cute Ways to Wear a Winter Scarf
By Editorial Staff
Any way you wear it, stay warm and fashionable this winter with the right scarf tied in your favorite knot. Since there are so many ways to wear a scarf for warmth, it can be one of your best friends during those cold winter months. And, let’s face it, sometimes you just need more than a coat to keep feeling toasty. Here are ten ways you can wear a scarf this winter.
10. The Soldier TossThis is a simple style for days when there is no wind. It’s easy to put on and remove. So, if you are frequently moving to and from the outdoors, this style might be your best choice. This style shows off a unique scarf‘s colors and fabric. Instructions: Place the middle of the scarf behind your neck so that the sides hang equally in front. Cross the left over the right, then toss them right side over your shoulder. If the scarf is long enough, you can toss one end over your shoulder and then bring both ends to the front.
9. The Wrap AroundThis method is probably one of the most common ways to tie a pretty scarf. It’s also very adjustable – just move the scarf tighter to or further from your neck depending on how much warmth you need. Instructions: Put the scarf on so the middle is around the front of your neck. Cross the ends in the back and bring them around to the front. Move the ends and loop until they are where you want them.
Before you continue reading about the Winter Fashion: 10 Cute Ways to Wear a Winter Scarf there is a special announcement we would like to share with you. Catalogs.com has negotiated special medicare rates for our vibrant community of seniors. If you are over the age of 60, you can head over to our Seniors Health Section which is full of information about medicare. All you need is your zip code and a few minutes of your time to potentially save 100s of dollars on your medicare bills.
8. The Slip KnotYou can weak a winter scarf stylishly with this slip knowt. This knot is easily modified and it stays in place at the same time. Need a bit more air? Loosen the knot. If you need to be warmer, tighten it up. Instructions: Fold the scarf in half and place it behind your neck, so that one side is a loop and the other side is two loose tails. Thread both of the tails through the loop and adjust for comfort.
7. The Fake KnotWant to wear a winter scarf with a knot that looks fancy, but really isn’t? Then the fake knot is for you. This method works well with light to medium weight scarves. As a bonus, the ends stay long enough to tuck into your coat and provide some extra warmth. Instructions: Wrap the scarf around the back of your neck with one end slightly longer than the other in the front. Take the longer end and loosely make a basic knot. Take the other end and slip it through the basic knot. Tighten until you have the look you want.
6. The Ascot KnotYes, even scarves can be tied like an ascot. And unless you’re wearing a short orange scarf with a blue-collared white shirt, you won’t look like Freddy from the classic Scooby-Doo cartoon. This knot works well with all weights and lengths of scarves. Instructions: Wrap the scarf around your neck with the ends hanging evenly in the front. Place the right side over the left. Bring the end of the right side under the left and up through the top. Adjust the tightness of the knot and get the ends where you want them to hang.
5. The Hidden KnotThis one is sure to keep you warm and toasty – perfect for those frigid days when the wind is howling and you have to be outside. It might take a bit of extra effort, but it’s well worth it. Instructions: Place the middle of the scarf around the front of your neck. Cross the ends behind you and bring them around to the front. Tie a basic knot in the ends. Place the original loop over the knot, hiding it from sight.
4. The Pretzel KnotWhile it’s not good for eating, a pretzel knot is good for keeping you warm. This one is perfect for longer, light to medium-weight scarves. Instructions: Fold the scarf in half and wrap it around the back of your neck so that one side has a loop and the other has two tails. Bring one of the tails through the loop and let it hang. Then take the other tail and bring it through the loop from the other side.
3. The Infinity WrapLove those infinity scarves? Here is a perfect way to wear it a bit differently while keeping more of your body warm. Instructions: Slip the scarf over your head and shoulders, letting it hang down to your waist. Twist the scarf once in the front, creating a figure 8. Then, place the loop around your neck and adjust the scarf to cover as much or as little of your torso as you desire.
2. The TwistCreate a warm wreath around your neck with this knot. It’s ideal for those long scarves and will keep you toasty throughout the day. Instructions: Fold the scarf in half and wrap it around your neck from the front. Cross the ends behind you and bring them to the front. You’ll want a looser loop because you’re going to be bulking it up. Take the end on the right and wrap it around one side of the loop several times, ending at the center front. Repeat this process with the end on the left. Arrange the ends at the center front so they are tucked out of sight or lay nicely.
1. The NYCClassic, chic, and totally urban best describe this style. Be ready for your commute to the city with this knot – it’s both warm and trendy. Instructions: Fold the scarf in half and drape it around the back of your neck. You’ll have a loop on one side and loose ends on the other. Take one of the ends and pull it through the loop. Twist the loop once and pull the other end through it. Now go out and conquer the world with a big-city style.
Popular Savings Offers
If you want to add a bit of sparkle or charm to your scarf, pin it. A classic brooch or modern pin will brighten any look.
Top 10 4th of July Celebration Ideas to Mark This Fun All-American Holiday
What is a Signature Jewelry Piece: Amazing Style Guide
Top 10 Great Kitchen Gadgets for You: Best Home Guide
Lawn Decor Tips: Best Placement for Effect and Maximum Charm
Best of How to Live Green at Home: Amazing Ways to Save the Earth
- Business & Finance
- For Fun
- For Her
- For Him
- For Home
- For Kids