Fun Family Fall Activities: Making Most of the Season
By Editorial Staff
10. Create a Fairy VillageDecorating one’s home is one of the basic fun family fall activities you can do. Add a bit of magical whimsy to your garden with the addition of a fairy village. Pave the way for your pixie guests with glow in the dark moonstones that absorb daylight and then shine like moonbeams for about three hours after dark.
9. Plant an Autumn GardenAutumn is the perfect time to plant broccoli, carrots, kale, lettuces, and spinach to harvest just in time for your holiday feasts. This is the reason why gardening has become a good option for fun family fall activities. In addition, some neighborhood food banks accept donations from gardeners with bumper crops. So, if your garden bounty fills your cupboard to overflowing, consider sharing the culinary wealth!
8. Go StargazingWhen the heat of summer dissipates, turn your eyes towards the skies and contemplate the heavenly bodies with a bit of stargazing. Consider celebrating the autumnal equinox with a Starry Starry Night Party. Provide telescopes and constellation maps to help your guests with their celestial observations.
Before you continue reading about the Fun Family Fall Activities: Making Most of the Season there is a special announcement we would like to share with you. Catalogs.com has negotiated special medicare rates for our vibrant community of seniors. If you are over the age of 60, you can head over to our Seniors Health Section which is full of information about medicare. All you need is your zip code and a few minutes of your time to potentially save 100s of dollars on your medicare bills.
7. Host a Halloween PartyWhether you prefer to make merry with a Monster Mash party or a Zombie Prom, autumn is the perfect time to host a Halloween party. Indulge in your love of the macabre with a movie marathon of your favorite fright night videos or several seasons of your favorite television series which follows the undead and their unwilling prey. Themed food and favors will have guests howling for more!
6. Gingerbread Time!Don’t wait until Christmas to construct houses from food. Kick off the seasonal cooking early with an autumn-themed gingerbread house. Make good use of those black jelly beans and other, less popular, candies with a creepy house crafted with candies.
5. Have a BallSome claim that fall is football season, but you don’t have to like watching people pass the pigskin to have a ball. Gather the family and toss around a ball yourself! Don’t worry about losing the ball in the leaves, and never fear that Mr. Snuggles (the Labradoodle from down the street) will run off with your ball—choose a big ball and watch those fears diminish!
4. Zipline FunAdrenaline junkies need to venture no further than the backyard with this personal Zipline. Zoom past your neighbor’s shed as you speed across your back property in record time–before plopping safely into a giant pile of leaves. Now, this takes the idea of jumping into a freshly raked pile of leaves to a whole new level.
3. Scare the NeighborsWhat is autumn without a few spooky pranks? Fake bloodied feet, spooky stickers, and other festival fare serve to celebrate the “trick” portion of the old inquiry: Trick or Treat? (Just make sure to keep hi-jinx tasteful and safe to avoid turning your neighbors into enemies!)
2. Get CraftyWith the kids back in school, and the holidays still a while away, autumn is a perfect time to get back to your crafts. Not only does the crisp autumn air rejuvenate the need to create, but the resulting crafts also work well for holiday gift-giving! So make your list, check it twice, and start getting crafty just in time for Christmas.
Popular Savings Offers
1. One Last CampoutWith fall’s first frost looming, there just might be enough time to have one final campout before things turn too frigid for outdoor fun. Gather up some marshmallows and chocolate bars, and pack up the tent for a final foray into the backwoods (or backyard).
Guide to Choosing Office Uniforms: Smart and Helpful Tips
10 Million Americans and The Hearing Aid Tax Credit – 6 Things You Need To Know – A 2021 Resource Guide
10 Free Pet Supply Catalogs: The Latest Health & Wellness Pet Products
How to Choose a Handbag: Buyer’s Shopping Guide
5 Intriguing Senior Online Dating Tips for Interesting Adults in 2021
- Business & Finance
- For Fun
- For Her
- For Him
- For Home
- For Kids