10 Tastiest Gluten Free Halloween Treats this Year
By Editorial Staff
Restricted diets can certainly harshen the holidays. A gluten-free diet, in particular, can make it difficult to enjoy Halloween. But, with some planning, your trick-or-treaters can enjoy a spooktacular holiday without feeling deprived! Below are the top 10 Halloween treats you should not miss this season.
10. Aw, NUTS!October is the perfect time to indulge in the fabulous nuts that are becoming more abundant as the days grow shorter and the nights cooler. Not just any nuts, mind you…but spiced nuts! Partake of some spiced pecans, gently roasted to perfection and coated in a warm cinnamon coating. Make a double batch, though, because your little gluten-free ghouls will be haunted by this recipe!
9. Pumpkin CupcakesHalloween is not Halloween without pumpkin cupcakes. The sweet, spicy moistness is perfect for breakfast, dessert, or tea. These are perfect for a Halloween party or pot-luck (even those who don’t have to eat gluten-free will love them!). Just be careful you don’t eat them all yourself…they are gluten-free, NOT calorie-free.
8. Oh, Fudge!Fudge can be made in a variety of flavors: chocolate, vanilla, peanut butter, caramel, fruit, or even pumpkin! Fudge also stores well, and travels easily with a few precautions, making it the perfect treat to order as a Halloween care package and send off to your gluten-free ghouls who are off at college!
Before you continue reading about the 10 Tastiest Gluten Free Halloween Treats this Year there is a special announcement we would like to share with you. Catalogs.com has negotiated special medicare rates for our vibrant community of seniors. If you are over the age of 60, you can head over to our Seniors Health Section which is full of information about medicare. All you need is your zip code and a few minutes of your time to potentially save 100s of dollars on your medicare bills.
7. Meringue Ghosts Halloween TreatsWhen you need a simple treat without a lot of effort, call the kiddos into the kitchen and have them help to scare up some meringue ghosts. Whether you prefer your ghosts to be more like Casper-the-Friendly-Ghost, or something a bit more… haunting.
6. Chex MixChex comes in many gluten-free varieties (Thanks, General Mills!), which makes life infinitely easier around the holidays since the old standard party mix can be easily adapted for those avoiding gluten (for example, by using only gluten-free varieties Chex cereals in the mix, by substituting gluten-free pretzels, and by omitting the bagel chips in the original recipe). There are even sweet and gooey versions of the mix, as well as salty, spicy, and savory recipes available. Get these Halloween Treats this season.
5. Popcorn BallsPopcorn balls are a versatile treat that can be made ahead of time and passed out as a party favor at Halloween. To make the goodies extra ghoulish, hide a gummy worm in the middle of each popcorn ball as you work them into a round shape.
4. Butterbeer Halloween TreatsFor Harry Potter fans, Halloween would not be complete without a fresh batch of Butterbeer. It is the perfect gluten-free (and alcohol-free) beverage to wash down the plethora of sweets and goodies!
3. Caramel ApplesFall’s favorite quasi-healthy treat, caramel apples, is naturally gluten-free! Whether you make them at home or buy gourmet caramel apple versions to tempt your little goblin, they will gobble up these gooey creations and threaten you with tricks unless you give them some more.
2. Pumpkin Pancakes Halloween TreatsSince all the experts seem to clamor on about breakfast being the most important meal of the day, it seems wise to make sure to kick off Halloween with some pumpkin pancakes (sans gluten). A towering plate of rich, spiced pancakes made with real pumpkin and dripping with maple syrup seems like just the thing to set the tone on this day full of indulgence!
1. CANDY!!!!What is Halloween without an abundance of candy Halloween Treats? Big bags of candy overflowing with enough goodies to carry a child from late October through until the appearance of Christmas candies are the hallmark of Halloween, and your gluten-free goblin need not miss out on this tradition. Many gluten-free candies are available, such as: Smarties, Jolly Ranchers, many varieties of Hershey’s, and Snickers. A more comprehensive list is available for even more options.
Popular Savings Offers
Top 60 Free Catalogs Online That You Can Easily Flip Through
Best Cell Phones for Visually Impaired Seniors: 2021 Buyer’s Guide [AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon & More]
10 Hot Summer Fashion Tips and Tricks to Look Your Best This Year
Amazing Plus Size Fall Fashion: Easy Styling Guide for You
How to Choose a Handbag: Buyer’s Shopping Guide
- Business & Finance
- For Fun
- For Her
- For Him
- For Home
- For Kids