Healthy Alternatives to Your Favorite Foods
By Editorial Staff
According to recent studies, Americans are eating healthier today than in the last twenty years. Go, us! At the same time, the amount of junk food consumed every year has also increased, according to Shape magazine. Unfortunately, the majority of favorite foods are still high in fats, salt, and sugar. These ten healthy alternatives to your favorite foods are here to help.
10. Turkey baconBacon is having a moment. You can find it on nearly every menu in every type of restaurant and bakery across the country. Nobody’s saying it’s not delicious. The problem is otherwise healthy people are consuming way more than is good for the body. Give organic, uncured turkey bacon a try. In addition to less fat and cholesterol, pork, beef and other organic meat sourced from family farms contain no antibiotics, synthetic hormones, pesticides, or genetically modified animal feed.
9. Greek yogurtAmong the most popular healthy alternatives to your favorite foods, Greek yogurt provides the body with protein to build muscle and increase metabolism. It’s ideal for breakfast and snacking and is a delicious dessert. Top with berries and crumble a like graham cracker on top. Ba-bye, cheesecake.
8. Snapea crispsGood luck trying to find an open bag of chips in the cabinet. Many know the truth behind the famous phrase “Bet you can’t eat just one”. We can’t! Best not to open the bag at all. Satisfy your crunchy cravings with a bag of baked snap pea crisps instead. They’re lightly salted and packed with fiber, protein, and vitamins.
Before you continue reading about the Healthy Alternatives to Your Favorite Foods there is a special announcement we would like to share with you. Catalogs.com has negotiated special medicare rates for our vibrant community of seniors. If you are over the age of 60, you can head over to our Seniors Health Section which is full of information about medicare. All you need is your zip code and a few minutes of your time to potentially save 100s of dollars on your medicare bills.
7. Dark chocolateHealthy alternatives to your favorite foods should give you the same satisfaction. Chocolate lovers can rejoice. It takes no stretch of the imagination to make your favorite fudgy treats a little better for you by simply replacing milk chocolate with dark. One square of at least 72% dark chocolate bar or hot cocoa is actually good for you!
6. Cheese veggie burgerA go-to at fast food joints, the cheese burger holds a place in the heart of many food lovers. Sometimes, it’s the whole experience of throwing a burger on the grill, making up the bun with accouterments we crave. Leave red meat in the rare treat department and try a garden, bean or sweet potato veggie burger instead. Add avocado for some healthy fat or melt a slice of specialty cheese like Swiss or Muenster for a flavor punch.
5. Hummus and pita chipsSnacks are the danger zone of a healthy diet. Swap tempting fatty dips with creamy homemade hummus and you won’t be disappointed. Pair with sliced veggies or pita or spread on a sandwich. Hummus helps lower cholesterol and is rich with antioxidants.
4. Baked sweet potato friesTo take the guilt out of French fries, healthy and homemade is the way to go. Use sweet potatoes instead of white ones. Reduce the fat by baking instead of frying. Better yet, lightly spray them with coconut oil and toss them a few times to get that perfect crisp. Skip salt and season with garlic, pepper, and paprika.
3. Mixed nutsThe sweet tooth shows no mercy when a bowl of candy is insight. Tame it with trail mix. Fill a few small baggies with your favorite unsalted mixed nuts, seeds, dried fruit, and a sprinkle of dark chocolate chips. These quality carbs and fats will satiate and win your taste buds over.
2. Homemade pizzaFood writer Michael Pollan has a wise rule of thumb. If he wants junky food, he has to make it himself. This way he’s not depriving himself. By forcing himself to cook what he craves, he makes it healthier and eats it less often. If you crave pizza make it yourself with whole wheat crust. Even better, skip the dough and make it with a cauliflower crust and lots of herbs.
Popular Savings Offers
To return your purchases, please contact us via email first (email@example.com) to get the return approved. In your e-mail, please kindly provide your order information and the service you require. You will then receive a confirmation email with your ticket number and instructions about how to return. We offer returns for items that purchased within 30 days.
Jumbo UGG Australia
1. RawtellaOh, the blissful ignorance of believing Nutella was healthy and spreading it on everything. Rawtella is here to prove you can enjoy spoonfuls of decadence without the sugar and vegetable oil. The only ingredients are raw hazelnuts, coconut sugar and cacao nibs so go ahead and spread the bliss.
- Business & Finance
- For Fun
- For Her
- For Him
- For Home
- For Kids