Amazing Home Remedies for Cold and Flu that Works
By Editorial Staff
Here are the top 10 best alternatives for you:
10. EchinaceaThis flowering plant is found throughout North America and has been used medicinally for centuries. Echinacea is known as a powerful immune booster. It is also commonly taken as a tea or in capsules as a supplement. This is one of the best home remedies for cold and flu.
9. Salt Water GargleKnown to relieve a sore throat, this method may also kill cold and flu germs lurking in the back of your throat. Gargling at least twice a day, first thing in the morning and right before bed is supposed to be the most effective regimen to keep the bad bugs at bay.
Before you continue reading about the Amazing Home Remedies for Cold and Flu that Works there is a special announcement we would like to share with you. Catalogs.com has negotiated special medicare rates for our vibrant community of seniors. If you are over the age of 60, you can head over to our Seniors Health Section which is full of information about medicare. All you need is your zip code and a few minutes of your time to potentially save 100s of dollars on your medicare bills.
8. Drink More WaterA hydrated body is a healthy body, and a healthy body is more able to fight off the dreaded flu or cold. You can also add a slice of lemon for that extra kick of Vitamin C while you’re at it.
7. Vitamin CYou hear it all the time. Got a cold? Take more C! Got the flu? Take more C! Vitamin C is a vital nutrient and antioxidant. When cold and flu season hits, taking C supplements and increasing your intake of C-rich raw fruits and vegetables certainly can’t hurt.
6. GingerThis spicy, lemony root is touted to help soothe everything from fever to cough to stuffy noses. Boil fresh ginger root and add honey and lemon to bully your symptoms into submission.
5. Neti PotThe Neti Pot has seen an increase in popularity in the US in recent years, and it’s no wonder. Nasal irrigation is a method that not only clears the nasal passages of lurking germs, but also cleans out the excess mucous of overactive sinuses. For those times when all you want is to stick a hose up your nose and blast the gunk out. Try this method because it is considered to be part of the best home remedies for cold and flu.
4. HorehoundKnown by herbalists to be a natural cough suppressant and expectorant, horehound has been used since ancient Egypt to battle upper respiratory infections. If you’re hacking and coughing, and your lungs feel like you’re breathing underwater, take some horehound tea or throat lozenges to find relief.
3. Cayenne PepperNow here’s a remedy that will really open up your sinuses. Capsaicin, the active property in cayenne pepper, thins mucous and opens nasal cavities for easier breathing. Pinch a little into hot tea (add it to your already spicy ginger tea, if you’re daring), sprinkle it on your food, and take it however you can manage, because cayenne is not for the faint of heart—this stuff is hot!
2. Homemade Chicken SoupMothers the world over are nodding their heads with this recommendation, and there does in fact appear to be some science behind this old cold and flu remedy. Chicken soup has it all–heat and steam to clear nasal passages, vitamins and antioxidants from all the vegetables stewing in the broth, protein from the chicken to help strengthen your body, and liquid to keep you hydrated.
1. Hot ToddyThere are many recipes for the classic hot toddy, but most agree that you must at least include honey, lemon, and a healthy dose of whiskey or bourbon. The honey and lemon will soothe a sore throat, and the liquor will warm you from the inside out. Because, let’s face it, if you have to be sick as a dog, you should at least enjoy taking your medicine.
Popular Savings Offers
To return your purchases, please contact us via email first (email@example.com) to get the return approved. In your e-mail, please kindly provide your order information and the service you require. You will then receive a confirmation email with your ticket number and instructions about how to return. We offer returns for items that purchased within 30 days.
Jumbo UGG Australia
by Catalogs.com Info Guru Angela K. Van Winkle
- Business & Finance
- For Fun
- For Her
- For Him
- For Home
- For Kids