10 Most Popular Essential Oils for Aromatherapy
By Editorial Staff
Aromatherapy is the use of essential oils to modify one’s mood.
Essential oils are distillations of plant extracts to maximize the healing and wellness properties of these plants. The most popular essential oils for aromatherapy are on this list for the specific ways they help us in our everyday lives. Read on and learn the benefits and uses of the top 10 most popular essential oils.
10. PeppermintPeppermint is generally known as a breath freshener. As an essential oil, however, this herb is a powerful study aid for its ability to perk up its wearer and revitalize your mood. Peppermint essential oil is best for sore muscles and the temples of the head for headaches.
9. LavenderRecords of people utilizing lavender for its medicinal properties go back over 2000 years, and for good reason. This soft purple flower creates an essential oil that is popular for reducing stress and anxiety. A drop of lavender essential oil on the inside of your wrists and behind the ears will calm the mind and soothe the spirit.
8. LemonThe lemon essential oil comes from the skin of the lemon fruit. The oil is typically considered a great ingredient to make candles and washes for its uplifting scent. This can also stimulate the mind and re-energize the user making it another great help for studying or working.
Before you continue reading about the 10 Most Popular Essential Oils for Aromatherapy there is a special announcement we would like to share with you. Catalogs.com has negotiated special medicare rates for our vibrant community of seniors. If you are over the age of 60, you can head over to our Seniors Health Section which is full of information about medicare. All you need is your zip code and a few minutes of your time to potentially save 100s of dollars on your medicare bills.
7. EucalyptusDid you know that the main ingredient in chest rubs for colds is eucalyptus? The oil extracted from the eucalyptus plant is medicinal and is used to alleviate the symptoms of colds and sickness. A drop or two on your chest or on the soles of your feet before bed will help you sleep through the night when sick.
6. CedarwoodCedarwood is much more than an ingredient in men’s cologne. It is used to improve blood circulation, prevent hair loss, and reduce inflammation from painful conditions such as arthritis. It is also a strong insecticide and actively repels bugs from getting where they don’t belong.
5. Tea TreeTaken from the leaves of the melaleuca tree, tea tree oil is a secret weapon for those who suffer from skin blemishes. As a potent astringent, tea tree works have antibiotics, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory properties. Being one of the stronger essential oils, it is highly recommended to dilute tea tree oil with a carrier oil such as olive or coconut for safer application.
4. Sweet OrangeWhen inhaled, sweet orange oil mimics the wellness properties of orange juice: it boosts the immune system making it an excellent addition to your winter arsenal. This essential oil also works as a detoxifying agent and nourishing skin tonic.
3. Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang is a delicate floral essential oil that is perfect for perfumes and room fragrances. It makes for the perfect hair oil due to its lasting scent, follicle-strengthening benefits, and sebum management.
2. JasmineDerived from the jasmine flower, this essential oil is commonly utilized against ailments such as insomnia and depression. Jasmine is also an anti-spasmodic, reducing cramps and muscle spasms as well as the accompanying discomfort.
1. RosemaryNative to the Mediterranean region, rosemary has been making dishes delicious for centuries. But this classic herb also makes an antioxidant-packed essential oil that helps those suffering from hormone imbalance or stress-related high cortisol issues. Rosemary essential oil also helps improve memory, hair and scalp health, and blood circulation.
There are endless options for essential oils, which means there is bound to be the perfect one for your needs. While essential oils can never replace medical practices, they can certainly be helpful for the tiny, daily struggles making life just a little bit easier for us all. Try out some combinations for unique fragrances or wellness blends.
Popular Savings Offers
by Catalogs.com Info Guru Lauren DeJesus-Glasgow
Most Popular Cigar-Smoking Hunks You May Have Not Known
10 Million Americans and The Hearing Aid Tax Credit – 6 Things You Need To Know – A 2021 Resource Guide
Top 10 Amazing Autumn Gardening Tips
8 Great Filming and Video Tips for Entrepreneurs on a Small Budget
10 Father’s Day Gift Catalogs: Find Awesome Gifts Dad Will Love at Catalogs.com
- Business & Finance
- For Fun
- For Her
- For Him
- For Home
- For Kids