Top 10 Computer Uses in Business: Growth and Innovation
By Editorial Staff
How are the computers uses in business today? Top 10 Computer Uses in Business mainly involve communication internally and to the customer. The Business world keeps growing and changing. In order to stay technologically competitive in today’s information age, the majority of businesses now rely on computers. This blog discusses the top 10 Computer Uses in Business.
The computer used in business range from the scanner at the checkout line of the grocery store to the ATM at the bank and the monitor listing flight arrivals and departures at the airport. In fact, it seems that computer uses in business have grown too numerous to count. This certainly explains the push of schools, colleges, and universities around the world to offer courses, majors, and degrees in the fields of computer science and information technology. It comes as no surprise that the number of computer-related occupations will continue to grow in the coming years.
However, two questions exist in doing the business. First, which businesses and professions are most computer-oriented? Second, what are the current and future uses of computers in the business world? Below are the 10 uses of computers in business:
10. Communication / NetworkingThe world may have grown smaller in the internet age, but only because the power of communication has grown by leaps and bounds. What are the tools of communication? One of them is the computer. Computers are used as basic communication systems in business nowadays. In addition, it is one of the most popular communication tools in the workplace. The top computer uses in business include e-mail communication, and networking platforms such as video and web conferencing, social networking, and various other online chat tools. Even faxing, which has become increasingly obsolete in light of new technologies, is still a relevant business use of the computer. Computers are one of the business communication tools used today.
Before you continue reading about the Top 10 Computer Uses in Business: Growth and Innovation there is a special announcement we would like to share with you. Catalogs.com has negotiated special medicare rates for our vibrant community of seniors. If you are over the age of 60, you can head over to our Seniors Health Section which is full of information about medicare. All you need is your zip code and a few minutes of your time to potentially save 100s of dollars on your medicare bills.
9. Search Engines and BrowsingComputers have provided us with instant access to a world of information. To stay competitive, businesses must utilize search engines such as Google or Yahoo to obtain real-time information and news and conduct research.
8. Financial Transactions / e-commerceRetail purchases, credit card transactions, automatic debits are processed over computers, and through the internet today. For instance, we have banks, credit card companies, and other financial institutions as best examples of computer uses in business. In other words, e-commerce is a rapidly growing industry, promising to become one of the top computer-related professions in the future.
7. Storage, Archival and RetrievalThousands and thousands of manuscripts, files, charts, or other document types can be stored on a tiny microchip. Before, businesses needed file cabinets or warehouses to store pertinent records and data. But now, data management is easy, thanks to computers and software that enable businesses to encrypt, organize, store, and easily retrieve critical information.
6. Design and PresentationJust a few short decades ago, artists were still creating business documents by hand. The advent of graphic design, digital photography, and printing technology has enabled businesses to display information more clearly and artistically. Now, people can do everything from communication and business meetings to signing contracts digitally.
What are the applications of computers in business? Well, a computer easily compiles databases and spreadsheets. This has certainly improved the efficiency and management practices of businesses worldwide. At this point, many offices now use computer programs to handle scheduling, accounting, billing, inventory management, contact management, etc. As a result, computer application in business management is now a must in all companies.
4. Document processing
Word Processing, for letters, manuscripts, proposals, etc has revolutionized the business world. Today, many professionals would actually feel lost without simple editing tools such as spell-check.
3. Telecommuting and Remote BusinessPortable laptop computers, smartphones, wireless internet, air cards, and hub spots are the wave of the future when it comes to computer uses in business. As of the moment, there are businesses that can be conducted remotely from almost anywhere. Thus, we can say that computers can really establish the impact of computers in business.
2. MarketingAlmost all marketing has gone online. Therefore, social media marketing, website development, blogging, advertising, e-newsletters have all become swift means of marketing in an increasingly globalized society.
Popular Savings Offers
1. e-learning, web-based training and software packagesFinally, we know that computers offer the opportunity for electronically supported training programs. Thus, educational software, web training programs, and virtual classrooms are all highly utilized in the business world, enabling professionals to keep up with technology and learn new skills.
Best of How to Live Green at Home: Amazing Ways to Save the Earth
Amazing Food and Gourmet Catalogs You Should Explore as Foodie
Top 10 Great Kitchen Gadgets for You: Best Home Guide
10 Free Pet Supply Catalogs: The Latest Health & Wellness Pet Products
Top 60 Free Catalogs Online That You Can Easily Flip Through
- Business & Finance
- For Fun
- For Her
- For Him
- For Home
- For Kids