Vegetarian Thanksgiving Dishes Everyone Will Want to Eat
By Editorial Staff
As a Thanksgiving dinner host, your top priority is generally to ensure that all of your guests have something to eat.
Since more and more people are adopting a plant-based, vegetarian diet, the task to accommodate them this holiday season may seem daunting. But never fear! We have compiled some of the best, most delightful recipes everyone can enjoy into this list of the top ten vegetarian thanksgiving dishes.
10. Sweet Potato SaladThis Arabian dish is a flavor explosion perfect for any holiday meal. Sweet potatoes are cooked and then mixed with olive oil, mashed garlic, onion, and ginger to create a sweet, savory combination sure to be the talk of the party.
9. Stuffed MushroomsThis classic aperitif can be improved upon to make a filling vegetarian option for your guests. Bigger mushroom cups can fit more stuffing that is more satisfying, and can be filled with cheese, roasted root vegetables, greens, and even soy protein.
Before you continue reading about the Vegetarian Thanksgiving Dishes Everyone Will Want to Eat there is a special announcement we would like to share with you. Catalogs.com has negotiated special medicare rates for our vibrant community of seniors. If you are over the age of 60, you can head over to our Seniors Health Section which is full of information about medicare. All you need is your zip code and a few minutes of your time to potentially save 100s of dollars on your medicare bills.
8. Roasted Butternut SquashThis simple gourd dish is a staple for Thanksgiving. Tossing the butternut squash in olive oil and spices before baking them in the oven at 400 degrees will yield a brown layer with a nice bite to it, with a smooth center.
You can take this to another level by making a vegetarian vegetable bake, and adding other favorite fall vegetables to your butternut squash base.
7. Pumpkin PotpieChicken potpie just took a healthier turn in this pumpkin potpie recipe. A basic mirepoix of celery, onions, and carrots blends perfectly with the roasted pumpkin, fresh thyme, and vegetable stock for a vegetarian spin on a homestyle classic. Topped with puff pastry, this dish will satisfy vegetarians and carnivores alike.
6. Vegetarian Turkey RollSoy protein smoked to imbue it with turkey-like flavor is the key to making this vegetarian turkey roll a hit. The soy protein can then be filled with potatoes and other root vegetables for a stockier roll.
5. Vegetable TartVegetable tarts offer a savory spin on the classic fruit tart recipe. While the standard tart is a custard-filled crust topped with sugared fruit, this appetizing tart is served hot, filled with light cheese, and topped with bright autumn vegetables.
4. StewWhen the cold weather comes, it is always soothing to have a hearty, hot bowl of soup to warm the spirit. Exchanging out the meat for bright watermelon radishes and root vegetables, and adding herbs like fennel and rosemary will lend an autumn flavor perfect for Thanksgiving.
3. Shepherd’s PieLentils and vegetables instead of ground meat are what make this delicious vegetarian shepherd’s pie recipe to the next level. Sprinkle manchego cheese on top before baking for added richness.
2. Homemade Pumpkin RavioliMaking pasta at home is much easier than people expect; the filling is one thing you have to worry about in this recipe. Saute pumpkin, chive, and garlic then blend to fold into ravioli pasta. Toss ravioli in boiling water for a minute or two and top with sage brown butter for a showstopper of a dish.
1. Autumn Vegetarian LoafSeitan is a corn-based vegetarian source known for its meat-like crumbly texture. Mix seitan with leeks, sage, and breadcrumbs and press the mixture into a baking dish. After baking your vegetarian loaf, pepper the meatloaf with toasted pumpkin seeds and fresh parsley for garnish.
Unfortunately, many vegetarian family members are left with a plate of mashed potatoes or a salad to eat during the holidays while everyone else gets to enjoy the traditional smorgasbord. Let everyone leave your table full and happy instead by creating some of these delectable recipes for guests.You’ll be sure to wow them with anything off this list of the top ten vegetarian thanksgiving dishes.
Popular Savings Offers
by Catalogs.com Info Guru Lauren DeJesus-Glasgow
What to Wear to Dance Class: Easy Clothing Tips for All
Top 10 4th of July Celebration Ideas to Mark This Fun All-American Holiday
What Happened to the Doctors Foster and Smith Catalog? Is It Available?
Trendiest Fashion Jewelry that is In: Ultimate Fashion Guide
8 Great Filming and Video Tips for Entrepreneurs on a Small Budget
- Business & Finance
- For Fun
- For Her
- For Him
- For Home
- For Kids