Top 10 most expensive cars
With price tags that are well out of reach for all but a select few, the top 10 most expensive cars are impressive, from the power under their hoods to the beauty of their frames. The list that follows is one that adheres to the bank accounts of the super rich so save your pennies.
10) Maybach 57 S The Maybach 57 S from Germany, which boasts an impressive 604 horsepower, comes in at number ten and is a sportier version than the 57 and the 62. Although this beauty comes in at last place on the list, its hefty price tag of $367,000 ensures that if you can afford it, you will enjoy it.
9) Maybach 62 Proving that when you know what you're doing it shows, the number nine slot is filled by the Maybach 62. Made possible through the know how of Mercedes-Benz the vehicle sports a Mercedes-sourced 5.5-liter twin-turbo V12 engine which generates 550 horsepower. This automobile will set you back $385,250.
8) Porsche Carrera GT The Porsche Carrera GT also from Germany comes in at number eight. With a 5.7-liter V10 engine, this machine can go from zero to 62.5 in 3.9 seconds. With a price tag of $440,000, the Porsche Carrera GT is a favorite amongst the rich and famous and is an impressive example of one of the top 10 most expensive cars.
7) Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren The Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren is next on our list. A joint effort by Mercedes and British racecar builder McLaren Cars, this luxury sedan comes with a price tag of $452,750. Did we mention that Germany is the country of origin for this car as well?
6) Koenigsegg CCR The number six spot belongs to the two-door roadster Koenigsegg CCR, which costs $540,000 and comes to us from Sweden. This machine comes equipped with a 32-valve V8 engine.
5) Saleen S7 Twin Turbo The Saleen S7 Twin Turbo comes in at number five and boasts a 750 horsepower V8 engine that can go from zero to 60 in a mere 2.8 seconds. This speedy piece of machinery comes with a price tag of $555,000.
4) Leblanc Mirabeau If you happen to have $645,084 in petty cash lying around you can purchase yourself the number four automobile on the list of top 10 most expensive cars. The Leblanc Mirabeau from Switzerland puts out over 700 horsepower making it a vehicle sure to get you to work on time.
3) Ultimate Aero At number three is SSC's (Shelby Super Cars out of Washington D.C.) Ultimate Aero. This American made supercar boasts an impressive 1,046 horsepower V8 engine, can travel at speeds up to 273 miles per hour and can be yours for $654,500.
2) Pagani Zonda Roadster The Italian/Argentinean Pagani Zonda Roadster F C12S 7.3 Clubsport version (got all that?) debuted in 2005 at the Geneva motor show and will set you back $667,321. With a 7.3-liter V12 engine, this automobile boasts 594 horsepower and can go from zero to 60 in 3.2 seconds. With the ability to reach speeds of 225 miles per hour, this rare car is one that most of us will never even see, let alone drive.
1) Bugatti Veyron 16.4 At number one on our list of top 10 most expensive cars is the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 from France. With a price tag of $1,192,000 this automobile has the distinct prestige of being labeled the most powerful production car in the world. With proven speeds of over 253 miles per hour, the street legal Bugatti Veyron is built by the Volkswagen subsidiary Bugatti Automobiles and is sold under the Bugatti marquee. Named after the racing driver Pierre Veyron, Volkswagen says that the final production 16-cylinder engine produces between 1020 and 1040 metric horsepower, thus the car will be advertised as producing 1001 horsepower in both Europe and the United States of America.