Famous New York City restaurants
Here is a list of 20 New York City restaurants, famous for cuisine and ambiance.
There are so many famous
A vital part of this multicultural explosion is a vast array of cuisine designed to please every ethnic soul, budget and refined palate. This article gives a list of New York City restaurants that are famous not just for their location but also for unique cuisine, ambiance, service and reputation.
20 Famous New York Restaurants
is situated at
2. Gramercy Tavern focuses on premier service and
delicious American fare. Reservations are not required but recommended for faster service.
It's located at
4. At Hard Rock Café International, it's not the price that is grand (you might eat a full meal for $20 or under), but the atmosphere that is among the best of New York City restaurants. Rock memorabilia and music enlivens the setting, while over-sized hamburgers are a specialty on the American cuisine menu. Discover this casual, classic restaurant between
5. Kang Suh is a Korean restaurant that specializes in barbecue, cooked Korean-style. Kang Suh is located in
6. La Grenouille specializes in French cuisine and offers a classic, upscale atmosphere. Situated between
7. Le Cirque specializes in fine French cuisine. Located at the Palace Hotel at
8. Lutece is a fine restaurant showcasing French classical cuisine. Reservations are required.
9. Odeon in Tribeca features steak-frit and cocktails among its specialties. Neon lights on the outside and boisterous atmosphere inside are a part of this dining experience that is moderately priced for New York City restaurants. It's situated at 145 W Broadway.
10. One If By Land, Two If By Sea marries a dimly-lit carriage house decor and warm fireside ambiance with live piano music to set the scene for romantic dining. Locate this restaurant at
11. Russian Tea Room is more famous for its opulent décor than for its food. Situated at 150 West 57th Street, this restaurant is so iconic among New York restaurants that most tourists have to try it at least once so they can say "been there, done that."
12. Sardi's offers American Contine