Tips for family vacation to Disneyland
Enjoy a family vacation to Disneyland you'll remember for years with these tips.Planning a vacation to Disneyland is an exciting activity. There's so much to see and so many things to do, that you'll need a well-planned itinerary to cover it all. These tips for family vacation to Disneyland cover how to get special discounts, where to stay, and even insider know-how from the specialists at Disney Parks.
Your entire family will love a vacation to Disneyland, especially if night with the kids means enjoying new and old classic Disney movies and popcorn. At Disneyland, your favorite characters will come to life.
Sometimes the best deals to be had come in the form of vacation packages. You might, for example, purchase your airline tickets, hotel/resort and theme park tickets all at once for a discount on the prices you'd pay separately. Booking and paying in advance will also net you savings. Scour the Internet to see what family vacation packages you can find. Places to look include the official Disneyland website, travel agencies, Expedia.com, Travelocity.com and airlines. Check into any additional discounts you may obtain, such as:
- Senior citizen discounts
- Discounts for children
- Reduced group / family rates
- Club or association discounts
- Preferred / repeat customer discounts
- Military discounts
Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words. Watching a Disneyland Resort travel video or reading a travel guide will let you know what to expect. You'll gain valuable insider information, like where to find the best hot dogs or the nicest formal restaurant. A travel DVD can be the next best thing to actually being there. Maps of the area and local attractions are an excellent resource as well. You may pick up guides from either the local library or the Disneyland official website. Read travel reviews on popular travel websites such as TripAdvisor.com, Fodors.com and Virtualtourist.com.
Create a checklist so you can avoid forgetting something in the last-minute rush. These are some typical items for a family vacation:
- Prescription medications
- Reading glasses / eye glasses / sunglasses
- Swim suits
- Feminine items
- Guide books, maps
- All tickets, confirmation slips and payment receipts
- Credit card of choice / extra cash
- Emergency phone numbers (don't forget to tell someone how to reach you as well)
- New travel clothes
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Toothbrushes, toothpaste, special hair care products, adapters, cords
- Camera / video camera
- Games, coloring books, books
Disney Parks recommends the following five tips to help you enjoy your family vacation to Disneyland. They include:
- See popular attractions early on - don't wait until late in the day. These tend to fill to capacity quickly.
- Stay at a Disney hotel - You'll get the benefit of staying within close proximity to the theme park and ground transportation to dining, the theme park, shopping and the airport. You may find a package deal for the hotel/resort stay and theme park tickets as well.
- Bring the family - There is something for people of all ages to enjoy at Disneyland, from toddlers to senior citizens.
- Relax - Remember, this is your vacation too. Don't pack your itinerary so full of fun things for the kids that you don't have time to take a breather and enjoy yourself. Adults may want to take advantage of child care services so they can enjoy a peaceful night out.
- Plan ahead - Great planning is the hallmark of every successful vacation. Plan your schedule so you won't miss anything important. Create a map to your destinations. Purchase tickets in advance.
Disney Family Vacation Ideas
Disney Parks Vacation Planning DVD